Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2010 9:33:24 PM EDT
My son and I decide to swap some pistols (he just got back from his 3rd deployment to Iraq and I'm still in Astan).  He ordered me a G19 RTF OD Frame w/night sights and SF Crest (supposed to be a RTF but doesn't it look like a standard?). Who is getting a better deal with me giving him my old Smith M29-2 6.5" P&R, presentation case and Old El Paso Saddlery #2 holster?

CD
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes that is the standard RTF (not to be confused with RTF2.) The Model 29 may have more monetary value, but the Glock is much more useful.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It's all in the family. Thank you for your service to father and son.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 3:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]
These kind of deals are definitely easier to do "in the family." +1 on the Glock being more useful, IMO .Does that offset the price difference for you?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#5]
My oldest was going to inherit the M29 anyway and my youngest is getting my old CZ75.  They don't get the .41s yet as I'm still using those.

CD
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, you may have confused RTF and RTF2. RTF2 isn't offered in OD. RTF is simply the Gen3 iteration of the grooves and texture that all Gen3's have. RTF2 is a fine surface of "polymids" on the frame. Like a cats tongue or velcro. Some have complained about how it makes their hand red/raw. But I personally love it. It's very, very "grippy". Here's a pic of my G19 with the RTF2:

ETA: oh yeah, you got a deal. :)

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice pick up!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top