Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2010 5:01:41 AM EDT
I have a G-32 that I converted to a G-19 via Lone Wolf slide, 9mm ejector housing, etc. The gun is stone reliable, but it seems to be placing shots high on the target at 25 yards. I ordered a " - " sight for it, but I want to know if anyone else has this problem. The gun shoots high at all ranges, but it shoots WAY (about 6") at 25 yards. It does this no matter what ammo I use. I've used WWB, and 127 Grain +P+ and both group about the same place. I've yet to try Corbon's 115 grain (1350 fps).
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:09:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Does it shoot high with the .357 Sig barrel?

What kind of sight alignment are you using?  Are you covering your target with the post or placing under?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What kind of sight alignment are you using?  Are you covering your target with the post or placing under?

This.  I align the top edges of the sights and then place the bottom edge of what I want to hit (bullseye) on the top edge of the front sight.  If you cover the bullseye with the front dot like is popular on some models of handguns you will often shoot high with a Glock.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Does it shoot high with the .357 Sig barrel?

I'm holding dead on. The bullseye cut in half by the sight picture. The front sight level with the rear. I can get hits if I do the old six o'clock position.

The gun shot to the point of aim with the 357 Sig slide and barrel.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  I align the top edges of the sights and then place the bottom edge of what I want to hit (bullseye) on the top edge of the front sight.  If you cover the bullseye with the front dot like is popular on some models of handguns you will often shoot high with a Glock.

I actually go off of the top of the sights, not the dots. The dots only come into play if I can't see the sights.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually go off of the top of the sights, not the dots. The dots only come into play if I can't see the sights.

That's what I mean too.  I level the sights and center the whole bullseye over that plane of sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top