Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2009 12:34:39 PM EDT
I see that there are 3 replaceable back straps for the Gen 4 glock.

1st question is will the smallest back strap make the grip smaller than a Gen 3 glock?

second will this modification Gen 4 be on G20 and G21 pistols?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Word is that the small backstrap will be like an SF frame, so yes, it is supposed to be a bit smaller than a gen3 frame.

As far as the G20/21, time will tell. Personally I don't see a point. They already make an SF and the standard. Why would they make a gen4 G20/21? If they did, then I'd assume the small backstrap would be equivelent to the current SF, then add ons would make the grip like a standard 20/21, then what? Have another backstrap even larger than that? I have never ever heard anyone, not even some big guys I know who have gorilla hands, say that the standard 20/21 grip is "too small" for them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Word is that the small backstrap will be like an SF frame, so yes, it is supposed to be a bit smaller than a gen3 frame.

As far as the G20/21, time will tell. Personally I don't see a point. They already make an SF and the standard. Why would they make a gen4 G20/21? If they did, then I'd assume the small backstrap would be equivelent to the current SF, then add ons would make the grip like a standard 20/21, then what? Have another backstrap even larger than that? I have never ever heard anyone, not even some big guys I know who have gorilla hands, say that the standard 20/21 grip is "too small" for them.

that makes sense.

but I would think it would make even more sense, as long as you were developing replaceable back straps, would be to make one extra small, for women, like my wife who have hands the size of a 10 year old girl.

and then just make grip sizes up from there.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
My understanding is that there are only 2 interchangeable backstraps.

The one piece stock frame is the one shown in the picture.

then you can ADD ON the additional back straps (only one fits at a time) over the frame.

Stock frame/no add on back strap - SF size
Use the first backstrap - current Gen 3 size
Use the second backstrap - larger than current Gen 3 size
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe Lone wolf/pearce or other after market company's will make a "straight" back strap since alot of folks that do glock grip mods to the other gen. models like to straighten it out to be more like a 1911 style feel.

Just guessing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Maybe Lone wolf/pearce or other after market company's will make a "straight" back strap since alot of folks that do glock grip mods to the other gen. models like to straighten it out to be more like a 1911 style feel.

Just guessing.

Robar makes frames and actually complete pistols now that have interchangeable backstraps, with a straight option as you describe.

But..............they're steel and aluminum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top