Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 1:14:26 PM EDT
Here's the situation: I am going to be visiting / working in a "bad" location –– a precision machine shop in a terrible neighborhood –– off and on over the next few months. The locality does not recognize the CCW I hold (from the state of a secondary residence). The owner is a tough, feisty old guy who is OK with employees, contractors, and customers armed on the premises. He is CCW in this locale and shuttles customers back and forth in his van to a parking garage about a mile away. I have researched the local laws, and verified that open carry on private property is no problem. The piece will be stored in a huge, grand old vault while I am not there.

My CCW piece is a 442, but as I am not trying to conceal I would prefer a full-sized psitol with which I have plenty of range time and some training. That would be my 17 or 34. Since I have no reason to pack concealed, I would like a snug OWB rig that's effective, comfortable, easy to get on and off, and that would serve me well in other use as time goes by. (Laugh if you want, but as a tertiary concern it should also look good –– "cool" is not a concern, just nice with business casual.) I will be sitting most of the time, otherwise standing around machines.

The Minotaur Gladiator loooked like just the ticket, especially since it has the option for mounting other holster bodies for different pieces and purposes later on.

What does the Glock crew think?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Spend the extra pennies and get the MTAC.  You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I would go with a IWB that way you can use it when you go back home. I carry my 27 in a MTac and I forget its there.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 MTAC roolz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top