Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2009 4:08:58 PM EDT
My G17 & G34 before the modifications

After I installed round extended magazine releases in both

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
How does that feel?  I've always felt that the stock release would dig into my hand (southpaw).
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How does that feel?  I've always felt that the stock release would dig into my hand (southpaw).

Feels very well, I´m right handed, I could reach all releases easily with my thumb.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Me parece muy bien, seguramente es muy util!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:19:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:07:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks good. Who's release is that? I'm assuming Aro-Tek in which case I'm also assuming the frame was cut to fit it? Looks a lot like the factory "pro" mag release which is not available on this side of the world. I've seriously considered installing those on my Glocks seeing how my thumb is not long enough to activate the mag release without shifting my grip but I haven't see one of those in person to verify it would fix that issue for me and I don't have the balls to cut my Glock's frame, especially without knowing first how well this mod will work for me?

Assuming the frame was cut, did you buy the tool and do it your self or did you send it to Aro-Tek or other place for the work?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:22:03 AM EDT
[#6]
What kind of slide release is that on the G34?

Any idea where I could get one?

TIA,

Corey
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

TIA,

Corey

Looks to be an Aro-tek...
Aro-Tek Sure Touch Extended Slide Release ™
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA,

Corey

Looks to be an Aro-tek...
Aro-Tek Sure Touch Extended Slide Release ™

Are these practical or more of a competition only accessory?  I am very reluctant to tweak my Glocks.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are these practical or more of a competition only accessory?  I am very reluctant to tweak my Glocks.

That's a whole big can of worms there! Comes down to how you use your Glocks how comfortable you are about modifying a Glock?

The biggest thing is, how do you release the slide on a loaded magazine? If you overhand or slingshot then you probably wouldn't gain much if anything from upgrading your slide release. On the other hand, If you do use the slide release, then I think it's almost mandatory to upgrade the slide release lever as the standard factory release is hard to manipulate especially if your hands are wet or sweaty.

I personally use the slide release method and have upgrades my Glocks with the factory extended slide release lever that comes standard on the G34/35's. I have been using it for years with no negative issues at all. Not sure what, if any advantages the Aro-tek version has over the factory ext. lever but it seems to me that the factory part is more low profile and hence a little more CCW friendly then the Aro-tek but having never seen of used the Aro-tek version in person, I really can't compare the two?

ETA: Here's a good thread to read all about the various pros and cons of the different slide release methods... How often do you use the slide stop lever?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a whole big can of worms there! Comes down to how you use your Glocks how comfortable you are about modifying a Glock?

The biggest thing is, how do you release the slide on a loaded magazine? If you overhand or slingshot then you probably wouldn't gain much if anything from upgrading your slide release. On the other hand, If you do use the slide release, then I think it's almost mandatory to upgrade the slide release lever as the standard factory release is hard to manipulate especially if your hands are wet or sweaty.

I personally use the slide release method and have upgrades my Glocks with the factory extended slide release lever that comes standard on the G34/35's. I have been using it for years with no negative issues at all. Not sure what, if any advantages the Aro-tek version has over the factory ext. lever but it seems to me that the factory part is more low profile and hence a little more CCW friendly then the Aro-tek but having never seen of used the Aro-tek version in person, I really can't compare the two?

ETA: Here's a good thread to read all about the various pros and cons of the different slide release methods... How often do you use the slide stop lever?

Thanks for the info.

I just switched from 1911 and SIG to Glocks.  I was certain I was going to put an OEM extended lever on all my Glocks.  But then I started learning and getting comfortable with the slingshot method.

Now, I'm not so sure....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#11]
The parts and tools for the modifications comes from Lone Wolf Distributors.

Cutting tool: http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1077 very easy to use with an arbor press, gives a very pro finish.
Magazine release on the G17: http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1008, on the G34 is an AROTEK (aluminum).
If you want the original OEM Glock rounded magazine release, try this gunshop in Italy, the have lots of OEM Glock goodies: http://www.bersagliomobile.com/index.html, go to CATALOGO (Catalog) and click in the Glock logo.
Both G´s are my idea of the ideal GLOCKS !!!.
Thank you all and as we say here GRACIAS AMIGOS !!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Muy util y muy comodo por cierto, gracias por tu comentario !!!.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top