Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 10:19:39 AM EDT
I recently went over to the dark side after considerable deliberation and bought a used 17 from Glockmeister.  All is well (~300 rds no malf's etc) and am still getting used to funky grip (funky to me) and trigger.  Very pleased so far.  My question is do Glocks in general get dirty as seen below?  My other 9's don't (HP, Kahr, Taurus).  I am guessing this due to slightly oversized chamber, or do I have something else going on?

this one shows what I am refering to...carbon buildup under slide, from breach to midway to rear of slide

Thanks in advance>>
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine get dirty after a good trip to the range.  It is all good some CLP and back to the range.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#2]
OP, that ain't dirty, that's normal. It's just the "new" wearing off.

Somewhere around here is a torture test thread where a G21 took a LOT of abuse, and ran fine. Yours would be fine with a wipe down from an oily rag.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks fine to me, welcome to the dark side!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, the pics are thumbnail size and won't get any bigger for me, but from what I can tell it looks pretty normal.  

Also, you can fix that pignose with hot water and some manipulation.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Shoot it, and post bigger pics.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#6]
They only get that dirty when you shoot cheap shit.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks normal to me.

shoot 'em, clean 'em, repeat.  That's what I do.

And............great thing about Glocks.....and don't spread this around, but....pssst........they'll run perfectly when they're a hell of alot dirtier than that even!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank to all who replied......I probably wasn't clear, but my qestion is do your glocks get carbon buildup like mine under the slide and in trigger area?  It's just something that I observed that is different than any other pistol I own....I am not worried, just curious.  

Any recommendations for a kydex molle holster? or any recommendations on how I can make more money to buy more goodies for it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, I do mean that amount of carbon buildup after some shooting is perfectly normal.  My Glocks do look just like yours in the pic, after shooting.

It never really seemed that different than any other pistol I've used though, to tell you the truth.  

Blade-Tech makes a great holster that's MOLLE compatible.

For the money question..................I don't know, turn some tricks on the street corner?  Sorry, I don't know......................................
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got a friend with a G17 thats older than me (I think???) and I'm 23
Never cleaned it....EVER.  Still runs like new and it gets used, alot
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks fine to me, welcome to the dark side!

this.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For the money question..................I don't know, turn some tricks on the street corner?  Sorry, I don't know......................................

Vini.....I tried that....no luck...I guess I am getting a bit long on the tooth and unappealing..

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Check alabamaholster.com
The best made, especially for Glocks. Custom made so may take 10 days to get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top