Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2004 4:54:17 PM EDT
On or about your Glock?

Probably for my Glocks I would want less of an angle for their grip and perhaps a rounder sides of the grip its self so it doesn’t feel like I am holding a 2x1" wood stick.

Other than that I love my G23 3rd gen.

What about you guys?
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like something to be done about the mag release, so that I don't have to twist the gun to press it, but that would be the only thing I don't like
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I would like to have a manual safety along with all of the present ones on the handgun. I just would feel more comfortable with one in the pipe that way.
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I would have to say the rattle that the ammo in a full high-cap makes when it's inserted in the mag well and shaken side to side.

Other than that, no complaints.
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 2:26:45 AM EDT
[#4]
less of an angle? If you close your eyes and draw your glock and then open them the front site is always between your rears. That is the beauty of a glock. It's grip angle is perfect . It doesn't make you break your wrist when aiming.

Another safety? 3 isn't enough? If someone can drop a chambered glock from 360 ft  and it not fire. i think you'll be ok. It's all about confidence in your skill level.

The one thing i would change is the factory take down release. I have upgraded all my glocks to the extended version. It can be a pain when there isn't much to grab a hold of.

Link Posted: 4/15/2004 2:51:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I already have extended slide releases and larger mag releases and some nice after market night sights and Ny triggers installed with 2+ and 4+ mags and a filler and Hogue grips.

However I would like a safety on my bed gun. I am always armed and I sleep with one of my Glocks. For those with dirty minds I assure you our relationship is purely plutonic. However sometime I worry that I may pull the trigger in my sleep and shoot something or someone that I would rather not be shooting.

I would call this new model Glock the “Glock Bedside” and it would be Glocks best selling model.
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 4:32:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I would like to own more Glocks

Right now I only have a G19 but if I could change 1 thing I'd own a G17, G31 and a G37.  Okay that's 3 but I just can't help myself!
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd change the price to $200.

I'd change the nub on the connector so that the glock could not fire out of battery.

I'd change the plastic guide rod to a steel or tungsten rod.

I'd investigate the reliability of an unsupported+tighter chamber vs. the current unsupported+loose chamber.  If reliability was not harmed, I'd move to the former.

The plastic sights would now be metal, both standard and tritrium offered.

The slide release would have a larger surface area but still retain the same shape, unlike current extended slide releases.

Locking block pins would be steel instead of plastic.

The compacts (G19, G23, etc.) would have a take-down lever spring of uniform thickness instead of getting thin at a point.

All springs would be of higher quality and less likely to fatigue and break over time.

I'd like the trigger to have less take up and be quite different but there are limitations because of the design of the safeties.. oh well.  Something CAN be done about the excessive overtravel.

A grip plug would be standard.

The magazine springs would be stronger than they are currently on most models.

An ergonomic (meaning easy to release) ambidextrious manual safety would be added.  Great for sleeping purposes as stated above (I've worried about this one myself) and it's also been shown that if your gun is taken from your holster it takes on average about 4 seconds for the perp to figure out why he/she can't pull the trigger.  Of course you can disengage it on the draw, adding no time to your first shot on target.
Link Posted: 4/15/2004 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I wish my GLOCK had the ability to clone itself and load its own magazines. Otherwise, I am completely happy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Manual safety?  
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Ther is a outfit that can install a maual saftey on Glocks, though I don't belive it's needed.. If your really that worried about it, carry it without one in the pipe.. And learn to draw and load in one motion using both hands.. The Isralei Mossad do it this way..
Link Posted: 4/22/2004 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ther is a outfit that can install a maual saftey on Glocks, though I don't belive it's needed.. If your really that worried about it, carry it without one in the pipe.. And learn to draw and load in one motion using both hands.. The Isralei Mossad do it this way..

...and this method is commonly referred to as the dead man's carry. The Mossad carry their Berreta .22s meant for offensive action (read: assassinations) this way. Pre-planned killings require different methods and tactics than personal defense.
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 5:21:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a G23 3rd gen.  

The only thing I would change from the factory is the what I like to call idiot forgot to wax his sirf board effect (for those of you that dont know you must wax your sirf board for friction so you can stand on it) I was at an out dore range setting up for a shoot. It was dam near 95 degrees outside and like 100% heumidity.  One of the guies I shoot with said "hay I heard you finaly got a Glock for carry, are you packing it now?"  I said yes.  He said "how are you carrying it." I told him it was ISWB.  he set up a target and asked me if I have shot it yet.  I told him of course the first day I had it I shot 1000 rounds througn it.  He said I dare you to draw and empty your Glock as fast as you can.  So I did.  I could not keep a hold on the gun I had to squeez the shit out of it to keep it from sliding around in my hand.  My sweat was all over the handle.  Glock has some perferation on the Gen 3's but when it is wet it gets hard to hold.  I grip taped the crap out of it now the problem is gone.  Glock needs to solve this problem form the factory.  

I love my Glock
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#13]
factory model with grip reduction and a slimline G26 to compete with the KAHR models
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
factory model with grip reduction and a slimline G26 to compete with the KAHR models

Hell, I'd settle for a Kahr PM40 with a Glock grip angle.  I love the Kahrs but I always shoot low with them...

The only gripes I have about out-of-the-box Glocks would be the plastic sights and the 10-round magazines (FU, Bill! )

As for a manual safety, bite your tongue!!  I'm always amazed how much grief the Glocks get for "having no safety" but the same folks have no problem with DA revolvers...  Go figure.  Remember, the best safety is between your ears.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, I'd settle for a Kahr PM40 with a Glock grip angle.  I love the Kahrs but I always shoot low with them...

The only gripes I have about out-of-the-box Glocks would be the plastic sights and the 10-round magazines (FU, Bill! )

As for a manual safety, bite your tongue!!  I'm always amazed how much grief the Glocks get for "having no safety" but the same folks have no problem with DA revolvers...  Go figure.  Remember, the best safety is between your ears.

AMEN BROTHER !!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Change one thing? The grip shape sucks. Get rid of the bottom hump, put on a beavertail tang, get rid of the finger drooves, mold in some checkering on the front & back. Also more of a magwell would be nice.

Two things? Steel magazines would allow a slightly thinner grip & would insert/drop out easier.

Three things? Plain black steel sights.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I am a recreational shooter. I have 2 Glock 23's with the 3.5lb triggers. Trigger is ok, can't really ask for anything there, its a Glock, its not a SA. I would like metal sites and a mag release that could be reached without point the barrel up and to the left to reach it. Not so bad for me but the lady can't release the mag for anything, unless she takes a punch to it.   JK, still tough though. They should come standard with a rear grip dust cover to plug that hole on the bottom of the grip.

Why do people add NY triggers?

As far as manual safety, the only reason I could see a use for one is MAYBE if the gun was taken from you, you might have that 4secs to do something , but besides that, DON'T pick you gun up with your  trigger finger on the trigger.  my 3 cents.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ditto
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:26:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Damn!  Sounds like some of you guys need a H&K or a Sig instead a Glock!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I am a recreational shooter. I have 2 Glock 23's with the 3.5lb triggers. Trigger is ok, can't really ask for anything there, its a Glock, its not a SA. I would like metal sites and a mag release that could be reached without point the barrel up and to the left to reach it.

You might want to try adding an NY1 Olive 8lb trigger spring.  It's a nice combo with the 3.5lb connector and sounds like it might be what you are looking for.  You can get an extended magazine release.

Why do people add NY triggers?

Because they change the feel of the trigger to better suit some people's preferences.  It gets rid of the mushy take-up.  It has the added benefit of being more reliable than the stock trigger spring and gives quicker trigger reset.

As far as manual safety, the only reason I could see a use for one is MAYBE if the gun was taken from you, you might have that 4secs to do something , but besides that, DON'T pick you gun up with your  trigger finger on the trigger.  my 3 cents.

You should never have your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire.  If something spooks you such as a loud noise (car backfire, someone stumbling in on you) you might pull it out of reflex.  The 4 seconds figure is an AVERAGE.  Some figured it out right away, others took much longer.  In a situation like that 4 seconds is an eternity.  I don't get why people are against having a manual safety, you don't have to use it if you don't want to, it's just an extra feature.  It's like people bagging on flip-up front sights for AR15s.  You could run with it always in the up position and just fold it down when a specific situation calls for it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yes, because we all know that HK and Sigs are perfect.

HK's, Sigs and Glocks are all fine firearms.  Each person has their preferences.

No level of modification will ever make the HK USP ergonomically feasible for me.  Glocks best fit my needs out of the box and a little tweaking makes it perfect FOR ME.

All of these firearms are created to be suitable to a WIDE RANGE of people and will require tweaking for individuals who don't fit the baseline these companies use when designing their firearms.

To say that a single firearm, be it Glock, HK, Sig, or any other will be perfect for everyone is just stupid.

Further, you post is off-topic and not constructive.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, because we all know that HK and Sigs are perfect.

HK's, Sigs and Glocks are all fine firearms.  Each person has their preferences.

No level of modification will ever make the HK USP ergonomically feasible for me.  Glocks best fit my needs out of the box and a little tweaking makes it perfect FOR ME.

All of these firearms are created to be suitable to a WIDE RANGE of people and will require tweaking for individuals who don't fit the baseline these companies use when designing their firearms.

To say that a single firearm, be it Glock, HK, Sig, or any other will be perfect for everyone is just stupid.

Further, you post is off-topic and not constructive.

I agree, they are the same for me but I like them right out of the box, as they are.

Show me one thread on arfcom that is on-topic and constructive and then we'll talk about my post above
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Show me one thread on arfcom that is on-topic and constructive and then we'll talk about my post above

Ok, ok I surrender!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd have to go with a redesigned mag release also. I have to change my grip and tilt the weapon to engage the mag release. Other than that I love the weapon. Mine does have steel night sights and a NY trigger(mandated by dep't policy).

I thought initially that I'd hate the NY trigger, but after about 700 rounds it smoothed up ratherly nicely and is great for indexing the trigger to allow for rapid follow up shots!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

rumor has it the prototypes for the g26/27 were single stacks- smaller and thinner than a ppk.  atf said there was no way it would approve importation based on their "point system."

1 thing to change?  how about taking the safety off the trigger?  what sort of ad is this supposed to prevent?  i'd superglue it if i wasn't afraid of getting sued!

how about a carbine that takes pistol mags including .45 and 10mm?  how about a 6 oz .32 or .380?  yes, i know keltec makes this stuff, but keltec ain't glock!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#26]
select fire............
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#27]
There is absolutely nothing I would change about the glock at all....If there was something I didnt like about the I probably would not have purchased one in the first place... No complaints here at all
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#28]
I agree that the finger grooves need to go. The trigger guard needs a bevel on it, as well. They tend to bite into the knuckle on my middle finger (dom hand.)

The side-stop is fine when used correctly - It's not a release. Adding the extended, more often than not, will have the slide locking back mid-mag because peoples grip will start to fade and they will put upward pressure on it. I also shoot with a "thumbs-up" grip and that just collides with an extended slide-stop causing the same problem.

The "New York" trigger is a great idea on a combat handgun. If anybody here has practiced shooting off-hand under stress then you know what I'm talking about. I've had many students AD and double-tap shots when the switch to off-hand because that trigger finger is real stupid, and that hand is weaker.

It's a street issue - doesn't matter if your just plinking or shooting targets.

The grip hole, in my opinion, should not be plugged. It was designed so your off-hand thumb can fit around the base of the mag incase of a suck-mag issue. It adds in your ability to grip and rip the mag out. But again, do what you want on the target guns.

I've fired 10's of thousands of rounds through Glock's the vast majority of problems I've seen from them have been because somebody thought it was a good idea to modify it.

Take it for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't like the shape of the backstrap, especially towards the bottom of the grip.  They should make it follow the magwell, or perhps give it interchangable profiles like the Walther P99.  Funny, it used to not bother me as much as it does now.

A NY spring with a 3.5lb disconnector gives a snappy trigger pull.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top