Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2009 11:44:06 PM EDT
i have a glock 19c with night sights, ghost tactical trigger, extended mag release, and a factory non-compensated barrel.  this is my home defense gun as i do not have a cwp yet to carry.  would a good trade be for a glock 35 with a lone wolf 9mm conversion barrel and night sights?  do the glock 35s have the same issues as the 22 and 23 with the feeding malfunctions with the light attached?  i already know the issues about the feedramp and chamber support issues on the .40 glocks.  thanks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 12:28:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Does the G35 ALSO include the stock .40 barrel?  I'm guessing it does, as you mention ".40 issues".

Depends on what you want the most, and what it's gonna be used for.  Might as well.  They're both great pistols, but with the G35 including the LWD barrel you'll be able to shoot 2 calibers, always a good thing.  And the G35 WOULD be carryable, with the right holster, once you do get a permit.

I don't know, I'd probably go ahead and make the trade.  G19 is a great pistol though.  I could go either way...............kinda up to you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 3:53:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I probably shouldn't be posting here at all. I've thought about this a bit and cannot come up with a real serious recommendation to you one way or the other. At first I wanted to say keep the 19 (I'm a big 19 fan). But you've got good reasons for the switch to the 35 as well. This is really going to come down to what you want, but I don't think the trade would be bad if you ended up doing it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 7:34:05 AM EDT
[#3]
well im meeting up with the guy to check it out, i will post pics if i get it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#4]
well i traded for the glock 35.  i like it a lot, more than the 19, and plan on getting either a 19 or 26 once i get my CWP, and keeping this at home.  the wieght and balance, even with the tlr-1 light is great.  i also like having the 9mm barrel to shoot at the range, and i can keep the gun loaded with .40 HST at home.  i also plan on leaving it the way it is setup, not buying any more parts for it.  it has the nice big night sights, an extended mag release and a grip plug.  nothing fancy needed.  cant wait to shoot it!
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice, good choice.  What kind of Connector has it got in it, the stock 3.5?

Again, very nice.  It's still totally carryable with the right holster when you do get your CWP.

Hopefully it'll run well for you, I'm sure it will.  Post us a range report when ya get the chance!  

Be interesting for you to see how reliably the LWD barrel runs too.  Mine (for my G23) does 100%, but with a simple Extractor change and had to ream out the chamber a little.  Most folks report 100% reliability without doing either one of those though.

I'm guessing you have some 9mm mags to use with it, correct?
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Very nice, good choice.  What kind of Connector has it got in it, the stock 3.5?

Again, very nice.  It's still totally carryable with the right holster when you do get your CWP.

Hopefully it'll run well for you, I'm sure it will.  Post us a range report when ya get the chance!  

Be interesting for you to see how reliably the LWD barrel runs too.  Mine (for my G23) does 100%, but with a simple Extractor change and had to ream out the chamber a little.  Most folks report 100% reliability without doing either one of those though.

I'm guessing you have some 9mm mags to use with it, correct?

yea it has the 3.5lb connector.

i bought it from a glock armorer and he told me the same about the extractor, but he has run about 200 rounds through the lone wolf barrel with no problems at all.  i  have lots of 9mm to shoot (and even more .45 that i need to get rid of or trade for 9mm or .40) at the range cheap, and then the guy also gave me a box of HSTs to load up.  i think i have a good approach, keeping the .40 for defense, and having the 9mm to shoot at the range for less money.  thats why im not so worried about the reliability of the wold becuase i will only use it at the range.  for any carry situation, i would run the gun with all stock parts for better peace of mind.

now to find more .40 hollow point ammo....
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool, hopefully you have some G17/G34 mags to use for in while converted to 9mm.

I know with my own conversion, I don't see it as range=9mm, carry=.40.  To me, it's just the versatility of being able to fire two different calibers out of the gun, if I should ever choose.  I've sometimes carried the G23 w/ the 9mm barrel in, as it's shown itself to be reliable, over 1,000 rnds since latest mods, no malfunctions.

To me, it seems important to shoot it a fair bit in .40, if it's gonna be left in .40 in it's defensive role, as the recoil characteristics and such can be a bit different.  You probably already get that though.  I do know what you mean, 9mm being cheaper, you WILL be able to shoot more for a bit less, no matter what.

You can take that price slashing to a whole new level if you start reloading!  That's why I started.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice. Congrats on the new 35!
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#9]
yea dont get me wrong, i plan on shooting plenty of .40 at the range too, but a plan on shooting a lot more 9mm at the same time.   i will probably shoot like 2.5 rounds of 9mm for every .40 i shoot at the range, so like 2 boxes of .40 and 5 boxes of 9mm.  my comment about only carrying with the .40 was bc i yet do not know for myself if the lone wolf is 100% reliable.  it may be like yours and prove to be totally trustworthy of being carried.  i just dont know that yet, and hopefully with the accelerated pace that LW barrel will see at the range, i hope to make my decision easier with that.

if the LW barrel is reliable, i may just keep a 33 round mag in the gun at home loaded with 147gr Ranger T 9mm....
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 1:13:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks very nice. Congrats!
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#11]
well some bad news and some good news.

bad news is, when shooting .40SW with the light attached, i continually get failure to feeds from the round nose-diving.  same thing that my previous .40sw glocks have done.  so im prerty dissapointed about that, as i will not be loading with gun with .40 while the light is attached.  and like the other glocks, problem goes away when i take the light off.

good news is i shot over 200 rounds of 9mm through the LW barrel with zero malfunctions of any kind.  also the recoil is much better than with the .40 barrel.  

So now i am going to take it back to the guy i got it from, and he will put in all the parts needed to run 100% with the LW 9mm barrel (which it has been 100% so far) and just say fuck it to .40SW, at least in glocks.  

shooting the gun with the lone wolf 9mm conversion barrel was a dream.  it shot very accurately, very little recoil.  it is the nicest and most accurate 9mm ive shot.  i know it is possible to get the gun to run 100% with the conversion barrel and swapping a few parts, so that is what i will stick to.  i will essentially have a glock 34 with a sliver barrel when it all comes to an end.  fine by me..
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Good report.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems shooting with the light attached.  As you probably know, alot of other folks have that issue.

Glad to hear it runs good in .40 though without it.

If having the light on is imperative for you in the defensive role, sounds like it may in fact be best to run it in 9mm then.

Glad to hear it runs well that way though.  As it's an aftermarket barrel, I'd suggest running at least another 300 rnds through to absolutely confirm reliability.  And a fair amount of a chosen defensive load.  I know that gets pricey, but being an aftermarket barrel, you want to know it's good to go.

I didn't fully trust my G23 9mm conversion until I'd put about 800 rounds through it with no malfunctions.  Just wanted to be sure.

As far as parts being interchanged for reliability, all I've done is the Extractor.  Runs very well with the .40 Ejector in the Trigger Housing.

If you wanted to go "all out", I'd say the Extractor change and a Trigger Housing w/ 9mm Ejector in place would be all that's needed.  It would be truly converted at that point.

Obviously the Trigger Housings for 9mm and .40 are 100% identical................I just speak of changing it due to the fact that the Ejector is rather firmly pressed into it.  And you want that part to stay "tight", so it's a much better option to switch the whole Trigger Housing, rather than prying the Ejectors themselves in and out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good report.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems shooting with the light attached.  As you probably know, alot of other folks have that issue.

Glad to hear it runs good in .40 though without it.

If having the light on is imperative for you in the defensive role, sounds like it may in fact be best to run it in 9mm then.

Glad to hear it runs well that way though.  As it's an aftermarket barrel, I'd suggest running at least another 300 rnds through to absolutely confirm reliability.  And a fair amount of a chosen defensive load.  I know that gets pricey, but being an aftermarket barrel, you want to know it's good to go.

I didn't fully trust my G23 9mm conversion until I'd put about 800 rounds through it with no malfunctions.  Just wanted to be sure.

As far as parts being interchanged for reliability, all I've done is the Extractor.  Runs very well with the .40 Ejector in the Trigger Housing.

If you wanted to go "all out", I'd say the Extractor change and a Trigger Housing w/ 9mm Ejector in place would be all that's needed.  It would be truly converted at that point.

Obviously the Trigger Housings for 9mm and .40 are 100% identical................I just speak of changing it due to the fact that the Ejector is rather firmly pressed into it.  And you want that part to stay "tight", so it's a much better option to switch the whole Trigger Housing, rather than prying the Ejectors themselves in and out.

thanks for the advie. i had planned on running probably 1000 rounds through it once i change the extractor before i put it on my nightstand.  the original owner had run 200 rounds with zero problems, so im about half way there.  and i usualy run 100 rounds of my carry load before i load it.  in the past i have run mags loaded with several types of hollow point ammo to test feeding that way.

right now it will stay with the .40 but without the light, which i dont like at all.  i know i have night sights, but i really like my tlr-1 and how it lights up a room.  i will keep the tlr-1 close though.  once i get the extractor changed out i will run it with a 33 rounder and the light on it with 147gr HST or Ranger-T.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Right on.  Sounds like you know what you're doing, and are in your lane!  Good on ya.

Yeah, I put a 33 rnder in my G17 at night.  That and a powerful light are very effective defensive tools, as far as pistols go.

I don't mount a light, but that's just personal tactical preferrence.

You're on the right track.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]
well i had the armorer put it the 9mm ejector, extractor and spring loaded plunger.  now it is more g34 than g35, which is what i wanted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top