Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:09:36 PM EDT
Hi everyone,

Just picked up my first Glock - the 23.  I'm behind enemy lines, and wondering if it's possible to find 23 mags that were manufactured before the magic ban date.  If so, where would be a good place to start looking?  I've done some searching, and no luck finding any.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]
OST.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
OMB Express, or somewhere that sells used mags, maybe old police trade-ins?

Would it even be legal for you to put new springs in pre-ban mags?  Just curious, not sure how it works there "behind the lines".  Must suck being there though, for those reasons........................
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Boy, those will be hard to find.  Might have better luck w/ G22 mags. They will fit and function fine, but will stick out a little bit as they hold 15rds. Have you tried the EE. There is a section for trading w/ people behind enemy lines.  Mostly AR mags, but Glock mags come up from time to time.  G21 mags are being offered right now if any is interested.

FB
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Just keep scouring the EE (and also glocktalk).  That is where all of my prebans have come from.  And yes, it is legal for us NYers to rebuild everything but the magazine body.  I put new springs and followers in all of my preban mags, glock or otherwise.  Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top