Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 9:19:29 AM EDT
i was looking to convert my stock G23 .40s&w into 9mm, what is every thing i need to change to convert it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one for my G23, in 9mm. I think it's a great barrel, very good quality.

Everyone has different experiences with them. The chamber on mine was a bit too tight, so I had it reamed out slightly. This vastly improved reliability.

I also use a 9mm extractor when I convert. (and 9mm mags of course, this should go without saying.)

You'll find varying opinions on their use for carry, but I will say that after over 1,000 flawless rounds, of various types, I have seen it now be 100% reliable, and would carry it this way with no problem.

For carry, it's all about reliability. That's the one thing that matters.

Alot of folks report 100% reliability without any mods, or extractor change. You just have to put it to the test.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Barrel alone is minimally sufficient for target shooting. Using 9mm in the .40 mags will work, but cause an occasional double feed. For best reliability use the 9mm mags. I have not swapped out extractors and still had 100% function (with 9mm mags).

Oh, and be sure you're getting a CONVERSION barrel and not just swapping for another Glock brand barrel.

Both of the 9mm conversion barrels I have are from Lone Wolf Distributors.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Also do a search................this topic gets discussed alot here.  Many of us have had great experiences with conversion barrels, LWD and other brands.

LWD does seem to be the "best bang for the buck " at this point.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:39:39 AM EDT
[#4]

LWD does seem to be the "best bang for the buck " at this point.[/quote]

Absolutely.........My G-22 ran great with just the barrel change.......I ended up swapping out the extractor just because all my other handguns are 9mm anyhow..........the consensus is the chambers are tight......especially when it comes to reloaded ammo........I read a product review where the purchaser said he could not get it to work with any of his reloaded ammo..............initially that was my problem as well, but have sinced began resizing all my fired cases with the EGW "U" die and this has solved the problem........I was resizing my fired cases with an RCBS carbide die...........these resized cases would fit in my beretta 92 and one of my 1911's........but they would not work in two of my 1911's or the LWD barrel...........

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top