Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:10:52 PM EDT
I just bought what I am hoping is going to be a good cleaner/lubricant for my G23 called (Break Free CLP). What do you all think of this stuff? Also, should I be using seperate cleaner/lube? or, will this stuff be fine? reason for asking, is after shooting the first 100rounds through it, I took it apart, and found that the barrel had wear marks going side to side on the tip?? is this normal?
Thanks in advance~

tip = front sight side
just in case~
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I use CLP on everything   ... Clean  Lubricate  Protect.

I still grease what needs grease though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I like CLP.  It works as well as its supposed to.  I use it mostly for cleaning and storage.

If the barrel wear marks are on the outside of the front of the barrel, then thats just from the slide and barrel fitting together as the gun cycles.  Thats normal, if thats the marks your referring to.

I usually can just wipe my gun clean after a range trip.  But if its real dirty I spray it down with CLP, then wipe it clean.  I use the brush that Glock provides and some patches.  Then I wipe the CLP off, if I used it, and lube the gun everywhere the copperlube used to be and like the manual says with my own mix.

I found this mix here and prefere it to my CLP.

2 parts ATF
1 part STP engine treatment
1 part Mobile 1 5w30
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Break Free CLP is really all that is needed with the exception of something a little more aggressive for the bore such as Hoppes, Mpro7, etc.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You did good.  Break-Free is all I use.  It's all you need, really.

If the bore is ever REALLY bad, Gunscrubber Foaming Bore Cleaner works fast, but usually isn't necessary if you keep up with maintenance.

Yes, those wear marks you're seeing are perfectly normal, and will be seen on just about any Glock that's had more than 100 rnds through it.  Nothing at all to worry about.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used it for years and highly recommend it .
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Never have used any of the Break Free from CLP.  Used CLP's spray lubes and they work great (machine shop use).  I would expect nothing but good results from anything they make.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]
thank you...I kind of figured it was fine, but, figured I would check with you all.   On another note: Anyone know where to find 180gr Federal HST's?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#8]
On another note: Anyone know where to find 180gr Federal HST's?

Try Streichers

$28 for 50 rounds.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:32:19 AM EDT
[#9]
CLP is just about all I use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top