Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2009 6:21:39 PM EDT
Purchased one last week, NIB........saw the markings on it........I noticed there are no such markings on my used Glock 22........can anyone shed some light on this topic..thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
My 17 says Austria between 17 and 9x19 on the left side of the slide.  Is this what youre talking about?
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
They are proof marks and are not required here in the U.S.

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Glocks have been in short supply since November. To alleviate this shortcoming, Glock started importing the proof marked pistols from Austria.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Glocks have been in short supply since November. To alleviate this shortcoming, Glock started importing the proof marked pistols from Austria.

Id like to see a pic of this proof mark for reference if anyone can provide it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Id like to see a pic of this proof mark for reference if anyone can provide it.

Not my pictures, but here you go.

Link Posted: 4/24/2009 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice pics.  My G19 is the same Markings.  

So Far it has been an excellent shooter.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 5:08:21 AM EDT
[#7]
My dad just picked one up. Pretty cool. Congrats!
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought a G19 yesterday and I asked the dealer if he had any Austrian marked. He didn't know what I was talking about so he let me check all the G19s he had in stock. He didn't have any. Oh well, that's my luck.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm curious what additional testing do these "Austian Proofed" guns go through that the non-proofed versions do not?
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm curious what additional testing do these "Austian Proofed" guns go through that the non-proofed versions do not?

They have to drink a few pints of Stiegl lager before being shipped to the US market.

Link Posted: 4/25/2009 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I have one too, from what I understand they proof the gun by running over pressured ammo though the gun and then mark it as such, not required for us sales, but I guess it's standard practice over seas.

From what I understood these are meant for gov/military use in europe... I dunno if thats true though.

And usually glock pistols have the US based adress on the right side of  the grip, these have the Austrian adress, so they stamp the trigger guard with the import marks as required.

A kinda cool thing, put the adress just like it says on the side of the frame into google.

And the steel front sight they put on these suckers are a pain in the ass to remove!

Anyways enjoy, damn good pistols and just a little bit of a cool feature IMO.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I just picked up a new Austrian proofed G19 today to compliment my 2nd gen G19.  Is there any collector worth to the Austrian proofed pistols?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top