Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2009 2:41:34 PM EDT
I have 3 Glocks, a 17, 17L and 19.  I love shooting them, but I've noticed that my G19 appears to have a heavier trigger than my other models.

All of them have the 3.5lbs connector, polished trigger components, etc.  The 19, with a 3.5lbs connector almost feels like a stock 5lbs Glock.  

Hell, I've even swapped out the G19's trigger assembly, ejector/housing, and swapped striker assemblies with my other 17's and no matter what I do the trigger feels heavier.

Its really not a problem, but it IS annoying, and having a consistent feeling trigger from one Glock to the next would certainly be a good thing.  

Any other ideas as to what it could be?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]
My only thought it that the issue is related to how you are holding the weapon. The grip you are using with the smaller grip on the 19 might feature you adding or taking away pressure you use on the frame of the 17, that in turn might make the trigger feel different. That's kind of a long shot, but it's my only idea if you were swapping out that many parts.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I was going to say it has a stiffer striker spring (fewer rounds on it) than the other guns, but you switched those out, I don't know. I use Lone Wolf 3.5's and the last couple I have used were not quite as "light" as the older ones.

Do the other guns have more rounds on them with the 3.5? I know some after market connectors have more lateral pressure on them? Not sure that would have much effect. Just a thought.

My best triggers are my original 35's, andI can only attribute that to lots of rounds.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a 12-14 NYC trigger on my G19. I hate it!
Not allowed to change it. The Dept thinks this will prevent AD's.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
You're probably experiencing a different feel, on account of the different grip shapes.

My Glocks DO have a slightly heavier trigger pull than some............I use NY1 srings with 5.5 connectors.  I like them that way.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Using my 17 frame, the 17 slide has a little heavier pull than when my 24 upper is on my 17 frame.

Same frame, two slides, two different pulls. The firing pin safety spring and the firing pin spring have a big impact on trigger pull. I've swapped the springs back and forth and the 24 always has a lighter pull. Both of my uppers have the competition springs and i'm running a polished 3.5 connector.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#6]

All you need
is a 3.5# connector and a Competition Trigger Spring for a lighter and crisper
trigger. Much of the 'slack' (pre-travel and over travel) will be eliminated
and you'll love your new trigger. Best of all is that its both cheap (under
$20) and so easy you can do it yourself.

3.5#
Connector:
I've
tried Glock, Scherer, and Lone Wolf 3.5# connectors in my Glocks and Lone
Wolf's is the best hands down because it gives you the best 'break' with less
takeup and over travel. You can get it from Glockparts.com for $13 HERE.

Comp
Trigger Spring:
The
Comp Trigger Spring is a higher weight spring (6lbs vs 5lbs) and because the
spring works with you pulling the trigger, not against you, the higher
spring weight gives you a lighter and crisper pull. Glockparts.com has them for
$5 LINK.

While you’re
at it, give your Glock a 25¢ trigger job by following the instructions HERE. Its
really quite simple to do and you’ll be pleased with the results.

For
instructions on replacing your connector and trigger spring, as well as
disassembling your Glock, check out Glockparts Disassembly Page. Just click
"Disassembly" on the left of his home page. They give instructions
with photos to help you do it. Glocks are simple to work on so give it a try.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got Glock 3.5's in all of them, and I also did the 25C trigger job.  I went ahead and ordered up the competition trigger springs for all three of them to give them a shot.  I may end up just putting them in the 19 to see if it gets it closer to the others.  The weight itself isn't so much the problem, its the simple fact that its different enough to be somewhat annoying.  I'm also going to inspect all of the parts that interact with the trigger and make sure there aren't any burrs or defects with them.  I've got quite a few spare parts, I could damn near rebuild the whole gun if I had to.  

Thanks for the tips,
Scott
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Try swapping out the trigger bar. Some trigger bars have a more rounded shape than others. I would say that all glocks have a sl. different feel even if they use the same style connector.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top