Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2009 5:43:56 AM EDT
Gaston Glock
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Biography

Murder attempt
In July 1999 in an apparent attempt to cover his embezzlement of millions from the Glock company, Glock's associate Charles Ewert hired 67 year old French-born ex-mercenary Jacques Pêcheur to murder Glock in a garage in Luxembourg. Glock was able to fend off the attack and survived with seven head wounds and some cuts and abrasions and as a result of these injuries, he lost about a litre of blood. Jacques Pêcheur was shot twice by Glock and was sentenced to 17 years in prison for the attack. As a result of Pêcheur's testimony, Charles Ewert was sentenced to 20 years.[1]

Link Posted: 2/22/2009 6:04:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Gaston was old then. He's real old now. Still a bad ass.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder what kind of gun Gaston used to defend himself... must've been a 9mm since the guy lived.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 6:21:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wonder what kind of gun Gaston used to defend himself...

He slingshotted the slide of his 1911, and the attacker cowered in fear.

Link Posted: 2/22/2009 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Is a big surprise that the would be attacker was French and low and behold he was bitched slapped by the Austrian?

Fuck the French!!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now just how funny would that be if Gaston Glock carried a 1911?  

lol.

i noticed this was cited from wiki. anyone have any proof it actually happened? wiki is known for its false info.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.

i noticed this was cited from wiki. anyone have any proof it actually happened? wiki is known for its false info.

This has been a well known incident for years, it was outlined in the Forbes article about the man.

Link Posted: 2/22/2009 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.

This has been a well known incident for years, it was outlined in the Forbes article about the man.

I'd put my money on it being a Browning GP-35 Mk. III Hi-Power.

For the money that he embezzled, you'd think that Charles could afford to have hired a better quality of mercenary.

-Frank

Link Posted: 2/22/2009 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.

More irrational hatred of Wikipedia.  Do you not understand how encyclopedias work?

Wikipedia cites an article from Forbes.  If you're claiming the story BS you need to aim your claim at Forbes.z
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.

I'd put my money on it being a Browning GP-35 Mk. III Hi-Power.

For the money that he embezzled, you'd think that Charles could afford to have hired a better quality of mercenary.

-Frank

I wonder if he got a refund?

Also, did Mr. Glock have a carry permit? I know those are rare in europe.
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 1:44:58 AM EDT
[#13]
+1 on being surprised that Gaston was carrying.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Funny, the Forbes article doesn't mention a thing about Glock shooting the other man twice, though it does say he punched him twice and effectively KO'd him.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.

More irrational hatred of Wikipedia.  Do you not understand how encyclopedias work?

Wikipedia cites an article from Forbes.  If you're claiming the story BS you need to aim your claim at Forbes.z

Wiki is a complete farse IMO.  Sure there is some decent info, but there are also some glaring inaccuracies.  I could find no where that GG shot his attacker.  The article referenced makes no mention of it.  What's stopping people from randomly and maliciously corrupting facts on Wiki?  I wouldn't trust it for anything serious.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#16]
mr glock kicks a**
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top