Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2009 11:00:46 AM EDT
I bought a 3rd Gen G21 in 03 and I am wondering if it came with drop free mags, the box says it came with 2 commercial mags. I also bought a 13rd Hi Cap and it wont drop free either seems to be rubbing on the mag well, is there a way to see if my frame is defective or i got the wrong mags? ser number starts with EYN.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Believe it or not... Glock was designed by Mr. Glock so that the magazines DO NOT drop free ( per Austrian Army standards).
1st thought - However, here in the U.S., sometimes they do...  sometimes they don't. I am issued the G21 for duty. Some Hi-Cap mags drop free, and some don't.  I really do not believe that the frame (or mag) is defective.
2nd thought - drop by your authorized Glock dealer, they should be certified armorers (as am I) and have them check the mags and the receiver.  You can also check to see if (or where) the magazine is catching by removing the slide, then carefully observe the installation / removal of the magazine in the receiver.
Without looking at it myself, it is hard to diagnose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top