Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2003 2:30:41 PM EDT
I just got my G30, and took it shooting today.  When firing with my normal trigger placement (near the tip of my finger), it was quite painful, and my shots were all going 2 feet low at 10 yards.  I moved my finger so that the trigger contacts right about the first joint, and that helped quite a bit with the pain, but my shots were still a good 6 inches or so low.  Is there a specific trigger finger placement for Glocks?

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Line the Center of the front post DOT with the TOP of the rear sight...dont make them even like with most pistols.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure that you have a good hi-hand grip on the pistol. This will help you make a smoother pull on the trigger.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:37:14 AM EDT
[#3]
For me, the Glock shoots best if I get a little more finger on the trigger and sort of "oooch" it off of the sear...kinda like a good DA revolver pull. Maybe not the entire first digit up to the crease, but close. Gives me...and several others I know...better control of that spongy trigger pull.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I find it works best for me about halfway between the two positions you describe.  However, it doesn't sound like your trigger position is the problem.  Practice dry firing.  Do it alot.  One good technique early on is to place a coin on top of the slide, if you can squeeze the trigger and engage the FP without losing the coin, you're doing well.  Also, get some snapcaps or dummy rounds and mix them in your magazine with live rounds.  When you're firing, you'll get a clear indicator if you a have trigger pull issues when you hit the dummy rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top