Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 4:32:15 AM EDT
I just picked up a Glock 19 (with the help of my friends over at G&R Tactical) and since this is my first Glock I'm going to need some help.  So here go the standard questions:

1) What pre-ban mags should I be on the lookout for and what are some good mag resources?
2) What ammo do Glocks like to eat?
3) Do you use CLP on them?
4) Which night sights do you prefer?

That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure I'll think of some more as soon as I hit "Submit".

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Lucky you! I love the compacts. Have a 19, prefer the 32 myself but can't knock the 19.

Mags: Glock only. I have no experience with other brands but the general consensus is that they're junk.

Some sources:  Glock Talk  probably the best source

Ivanhoe  the 4 I got here were like new. They seem to only offer NFML (non full metal lined=non-drop free)

Ammoclip never dealt with them. They have a picture of all 3 generations of mags-note the notch:
1st NFML, 2nd FML(full metal lined=drop free), 3rd FML

Glockmeister  expensive, OK to deal with, have a lot of stuff

Your 19 should eat anything you can feed it. I don't like variety but I've shot PMC & Win white box through my 19. No problem w/either in FMJ or JHP 115 or 124. And some Blazer 115. I like Blazer more than I thought I would. I'd check into Gold Dots too. My 32 & 33 like 'em.

I use Break Free LP instead of CLP. I started out using CLP & it worked just fine but I switched anyway. EEZOX goes between the trigger bar & connector.

Meprolight night sights. I've been getting them through OMB

On the mag issue: I keep a 1st gen NFML in the gun and have 2nd & 3rd gen spares. All generations work so it's mostly your preference. NFML's are designed to swell when full. It's not guaranteed but they should stay in in the gun if you accidently bump the mag release.

Buy a Comp-Tac holster
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on a fine choice.

1) What pre-ban mags should I be on the lookout for and what are some good mag resources?

Glock Only!

Whatever you want to feed it. I use Wolf in all mine without incident.

3) Do you use CLP on them?

I have but now I use Hoppe's to clean, and FP-10 to lube.

I have the Meprolight's on mine. I got mine at the gunshow in Richmond, because the dealer installs them for free when you buy from him.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Whatever you want to feed it. I use Wolf in all mine without incident.

What weight it best?  115?

I have the Meprolight's on mine. I got mine at the gunshow in Richmond, because the dealer installs them for free when you buy from him.

I guess I'll be getting some at the January show!  Will he install them there, at the show, or will he need to take it back to his shop?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot the 115's through mine because they seem to be the easiest to get and the cheapest all around.

The dealer will put them on at the show. His tables are at the right front end of the building. He always has the LEO mags all over his table next to the night sights and the Fobus holsters. He is always a couple of tables away from Tony's Custom Uppers.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess I'll head up to the show in January and have him install a set.  

Rastus - Thanks for the great info and great links.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:31:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll probably be going on the Saturday morning of the show. If you head up that day, we can try to meet up and say hi.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:06:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'll probably be going on the Saturday morning of the show. If you head up that day, we can try to meet up and say hi.

Sounds good.  Maybe we can gather a few more and have lunch?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
slick 50 or mobil 1 synthetic motor oil is actually the best lubes you can use.

i have a 32 myself and love it.  it turns out not only can i buy any .40 barrel that is available, there are quite a few 9mm barrels available as well...

gotta love the glock

JOE
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#9]
when and where is the gun show?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#10]
1. Genuine Glock FML. Replace followers with the 9mm3 variety. G19s are sometimes finicky.
2. Anything jacketed.
3. Yes but sparingly.
4. Meprolight.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
when and where is the gun show?

The next gunshow that is in Richmond will be at the Showplace(on Mechanicsville Tnpk.)on Jan. 11,& 12th.

Sometimes we will get together and say hi at the shows. Come and say hi in the  Hometown_Forums.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks VA Gun-nut... hope I can make... I'll check out local forums too.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#13]
low light sniper glock/nightstand gun:

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#14]
1) What pre-ban mags should I be on the lookout for and what are some good mag resources? ......www.cdnninvestments.com for Glock mags, new or used
2) What ammo do Glocks like to eat?..........quality american made ammo, american eagle(federal) and FMC (remington) are the cheapest.
3) Do you use CLP on them?........ I use "Wilson Combat" grease on the inside sllide rails, and wilson combat oil on barrel and inside slide.
4) Which night sights do you prefer? Trijicon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top