Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2008 5:47:06 PM EDT
I am not here to bash glock. I love the guns but 2 weeks ago I was shooting my Glock 30 with WWB ammo and my gun blew up in my face.  It blew my mag to peices and cracked my frame.  I called glock and they told me to ship it in to them.  Shipping from Ohio to Georgia = about $60.  A few days later glock called me and told me to find the brass that caused this but I couldn't find anything unusual.  They also told me this wouldn't be covered under warranty.  The frame will cost me $47+tax.  Glock makes great guns and I own several of them and am not planning on selling the ones I have now but from this day forward I think I will stick with S&W M&P also great guns but they stand behind their warranty.  Sorry Glock lovers I guess Glock isn't perfect, let me know when you find someone who is.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am not here to bash glock. I love the guns but 2 weeks ago I was shooting my Glock 30 with WWB ammo and my gun blew up in my face.  It blew my mag to peices and cracked my frame.  I called glock and they told me to ship it in to them.  Shipping from Ohio to Georgia = about $60.  A few days later glock called me and told me to find the brass that caused this but I couldn't find anything unusual.  They also told me this wouldn't be covered under warranty.  The frame will cost me $47+tax.  Glock makes great guns and I own several of them and am not planning on selling the ones I have now but from this day forward I think I will stick with S&W M&P also great guns but they stand behind their warranty.  Sorry Glock lovers I guess Glock isn't perfect, let me know when you find someone who is.

pics... $60 to ship it? it cost me $5.45 via USPS and got there in 2 days.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The frames are more than $47.  I upgraded my 17 gen 2 frame to a gen 3 and it cost $155 no tax.  Shipping from where I live, further than OH, was not $60 and I over nighted it to them.  

Edited to add - What do you mean by "A few days later glock called me and told me to find the brass that caused this but I couldn't find anything unusual. "  Do you mean you told Glock the brass looked fine and then they said it was not their fault?  If your Glock KBd, the brass would be damaged in some way or another.

Low post count too.  Hmmm.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

pics... $60 to ship it? it cost me $5.45 via USPS and got there in 2 days.

if they make you ship it overnight and not by usps, and you don't regularly ship ups/fedex...$60 is quite possible.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The shipping was exactly $54.55.  In Ohio it has to shipped overnight and I put $600 insurance but that was only 90 cents per 100 insured.  My receipt says Next Day Air Com $38.25, Service Options $5.40, Fuel Surcharge $10.90.  3.65 actual wt 4lbs billable wt.  Don't have any pics other than what my friend took with his cell phone.  The crack was inside the magwell.  I can scan and post my receipts once I get my gun back.  They told me 2-4 weeks when they called and the person I talked to was Anthony in tech support.  My frame will have a different serial#.  I swear this is all true.  My everyday carry is a G27 and I love it and never had a problem with it or my other glocks.  This could have been an ammo problem but I can't find any bad brass to prove this.  I still love my glocks.  I'm just a little bitter with their customer service.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Call Anthony from tech support.  New frame for Glock 30 $47+Ohio tax.  I have no reason to lie.  Hopefully you are never in my shoes but if you ever are and decide to write a post about it I hope people don't think you are a liar.  This really pisses me off.  Shipping $54.55, Frame $47+tax, mag about $26 this is becoming a pricey problem for me.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Brass was ejected, barrel and slide were locked back but were fine, mag was in pieces in the grass and my hand was black.  The frame looked a little mangled at first but everything seemed to work without firing it.  I only noticed the crack later that night when I got home and took the gun apart under some better light.  As for the spent brass,  I couldn't find any that had any problems.  And that's what I told to Anthony.  They wanted proof and I feel the same there would have to be some shredded brass somewhere but I couldn't find any.  As for the low post count what can I say?  I guess I just don't post much.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you contact Winchester??
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#8]
What's your point?  Every ammo maker has had bad rounds and every model of gun has or will kb at some point.
The gun maker doesn't want to have to pay for the ammo companies mistake which is why they ask for the brass.  SIG Sauer does/did the same exact thing.  And really do you blame them?
Bad ammo is not a warrenty issue.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting, I want to see where this goes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What's your point?  Every ammo maker has had bad rounds and every model of gun has or will kb at some point.
The gun maker doesn't want to have to pay for the ammo companies mistake which is why they ask for the brass.  SIG Sauer does/did the same exact thing.  And really do you blame them?
Bad ammo is not a warrenty issue.

Yep.  To me, just another great thing about reloading.

" I know damn well how much powder's in that case.  Every case.  I saw it go in with MY own eyes."  Flame on, if you will!
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#11]
GODDAMN, I wish they would charge me 50 bucks to rebuild my glock first gens to 3rd gens.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Have you done any mods/tinkering to the gun?

Could the pistol (slide) have been out of battery when you fired it?

I find it strange that Glock would tell you it's not covered, and that you have no data
to back your claim. (but that's just me, and life goes on.)

On the other hand, at least you still have fingers to type/post about it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Something is amiss in this story. There is no way the round could have caused a kaboom if the case was not blown through(near the rim). It is possible the case was ejected, but you obviously didn't find the right one. There should be a big hole in it.

The reason I  think Glock is not covering it, is because there is no way to prove you weren't shooting reloads.

Do you happen to have the Lot number of the WWB you were shooting?

Link Posted: 11/12/2008 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Let me get this straight.  A BAD ROUND destroyed your gun, and you want Glock to pay to fix it?

I have had a bad round blow up a glock as well.  They offered me a similar price to replace the frame with a 3rd gen frame.  Seems like a good deal to me b/c to replace a undamaged frame is 150.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#15]
The only mod I had was a wolff guide rod and spring.  I didn't get the lot # from the box of ammo.  I guess you guys are right I should be happy to have my fingers and also for getting a great price on a frame upgrade.  My new frame will have the tactical rail (even though I will never use it.)  And yes I suppose there is a chance that I just wasn't able to find the blown out brass.  I guess this is just a learning lesson 1 always wear safety glasses,2 keep your ammo in its original box so you know the lot #,3 I guess Glock will treat you good ( I never knew that they normally charge $150 for a frame replacement).  Thanks for your input everyone.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Ummmm... Bull pucky.....

Get it in writing from glock, I will bet you you were shooting lead ball reloads and let the brl lead up and fail. They looked down the barrel, and said " Yeah..... about the lead?.... You said it was win white box?.... Not so much."

Show pics o the malf?

Link Posted: 11/12/2008 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Pics, or it didn't happen!

We need pics to legitimize your KB, and you should of had some bad brass left if the gun shit itself. Do you still have all the brass from that range day? I would have grabbed all brass and all parts broken from the KB.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#18]
for this reason alone, i will continue to buy glock, 45acp KB and all u have is a lil dirt on your hand  for damage, thats some bad ass polymer
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
for this reason alone, i will continue to buy glock, 45acp KB and all u have is a lil dirt on your hand  for damage, thats some bad ass polymer

I had a Kahr CW9 Kaboom from some crappy factory reloads.  It blew the extractor out causing it to bounce off my cheek hard enough to draw blood.  The only other damage I could see was the little panel on the right upper grip is blown out a bit, but it's only sticking out (it's not broken, it's a separate panel).  I really need to get that thing back to Kahr to be repaired.

My buddy had a SigPro that had a near KB.  We didn't notice anything util we were cleaning and I noticed a crack on the frame.  He then noticed it was cracked on both sides.  Sig wouldn't fix it for free either.  They wanted the round he'd fired.

And it makes sense and really is only fair.  Why should the gun maker pay for the ammo maker's mistake?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got my Glock back.  Everything seems great.  They even sent me a new mag for free!  The frame is the updated one with the accessory rail.  I guess Glock did me right after all.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Ended well, glock is fixed and you are not hurt.  In the future, think ammo, ammo, ammo.  Glocks or other guns do not blow up on their own, ammo does.  Find the ammo, the box, all the other rounds, the guy that loaded it, etc, but KNOW what happened to the ammo.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just got my Glock back.  Everything seems great.  They even sent me a new mag for free!  The frame is the updated one with the accessory rail.  I guess Glock did me right after all.

Would you call your new buddies and ask if they'll swap out my G30 frame for the new one for $47 +shipping? maybe we can get a group buy at that price?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Your casing could have also potentially fragmented or peeled apart to the point where you couldn't find it in the grass.  The nice intact cases seem to float in plush grass but a peeled apart failed casing could slip through the blades of grass much easier or if the casing is in 3-4 pieces you could never find it.  If you could find the failed casing then you could probably get Winchester to pay for the repairs.  Good luck and never give up on Glock because of an ammo manufacturer's mistake.  It's not like an M&P wouldn't have done the same thing and I'm sure that they would not have warrantied your weapon either.  Thank your lucky stars that they only wanted $47 for a frame!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#24]
It sounds like your shipper ripped you off . I ship pistols all week ups second day air for around twenty five bucks.
If you can't find reasonable shipping have Glock send you a call tag and pay them for it .
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Good deal, OP.  Sounds like a good resolution.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 1:37:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Just because he doesn't have pictures doesn't mean it didn't happen. Did he do everything right to make his claim? No. Pictures would be a plus but finding the blown case would have helped big time. Chadweasal seems happy with the his service and considering what Glock had to work with he was treated good..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top