Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 11:30:44 AM EDT
I got the light via Glockmeister as an early Christmas present yesterday. I open it up and it says batteries not included. Then I dump the rest of the package and out pops a 2 pack of lithium Duracells. Glockmeister goes the extra mile again. I called up my buddy with his M3 mounted on a G22 and hit the range about 2100 hrs. I shot 150 rounds of 125gr. Speer Gold Dot .357 SIG w/ no problems out of my G31. Then I dropped in the .40 S&W barrel and cranked out 100 rounds of the rowdy Remington 155 gr. JHP without a hitch. Man does that stuff throw a flash. Anyway the light functioned 100% and was every bit as bright as the M3. It's not as streamlined but I like it since it has the Glock stamp on the housing. I can't believe I went this long without having an attached light. It makes a huge difference.    
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm about to buy a light of some kind soon. Thinking of the new LED type-no bulbs to break or burnout, but not as bright. Did the light help to eliminate the effects of muzzle flash? Did the 40's have more flash than the 357 SIG? I figured the SIGs would have more. Do you have night sights, and does the light have any affect on being able to see them? I like adjustable all black sights, and was wondering if the light would make them visible at night. Sorry for all the questions, but I've never had the opporunity to shoot at night. Thanx.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the M3 light, but I never use it on my handgun.  I find the temptation to shine the light on something I would not normally point my weapon at to be too risky.

I feel safer with an unmounted surefire.

The pistol mounted lights distract me because the light reflects off of the smoke from the discharge and momentarily masks your target.

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 3:50:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I mainly wanted this setup for the bedside table. I don't want to fumble around for a light and a pistol when I hear something go bump in the night. I'd tried night shooting with my mag light before and it was awkward. I suppose with more practice or a small Surefire I might get better at it. I do have Meprolight night sights on the G31 but with the light on I mostly noticed the outline of the sights which were very clear and not so much the tritium dots. Normally the SIG has more flash than the .40 but that's when I shoot the 180 gr. or 165 gr. 40's. The Remington 155 JHP's are another story though. Even during the day they throw a flash like a pie pan, are noticeably louder, and have a hefty recoil. I used those just to see what kind of abuse the light could take. Whether mounted or not I'd say lights are an important addition to your arsenal. I'm thinking a light for the AR and the Mossberg are next on the list.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Dig it.

What I did was kept the M3 light, but I put it on my AR with a GG&G M3 light rail.  That is my night stand gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top