Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2008 5:58:05 PM EDT
What you guys think as how long the mag life will be from a new mag?
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on its use and abuse.  

If you're just a casual off the bench shooting kinda guy then it should last a very long time.  But, if you're like me and use it for duty and training then it'll wear out faster.   As long as the feed lips and mag catch are good then you don't have to worry about much.   The rest of the parts can easily be replaced.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 3:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up another 13rd .40 mag for $26 at a local Glock Dealer cause my 2 original mag springs were getting a little soft.  But im going to rebuild them with new springs. $5.99 each vs $26 for the entire mag.  

Mine have lasted me 2 years keeping them fully topped off every day.  Not bad IMO
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 7:29:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Where is a good place to buy high cap mag spring for Glock guys?
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I get most of my stuffs at Glockparts.com.    Fast service and quick shipping.

He's one of the good guys!  
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:07:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been using the same 6 G17 mags in IPSC for the last three years and haven't had a failure yet.  

I use these same mags in practice and in matches.  Last year was shooting about 1K rounds per week, no probs
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:36:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd count on your mags lasting forever until they don't anymore.  Most likely you'll never have to replace them if you're an average shooter who goes to the range and maybe picks up a class now and then.

I have 6 mags for my Glock.  Having them wear out has never been a concern for me since I acquired the pistol 2 years ago.  My handgun has been shot quite a bit.  I also stow all of my mags fully loaded.  No problems at all.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:07:53 AM EDT
[#8]
What about the notch for the mag catch?All my Glock mags have a burr around this notch,and it seems like it could potentially be a problem,at some point.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

OMBexpress is running a sale on most of there hi-cap mags.$15.99 for the G21 and 22 mags.They have them in stock.I placed my 3rd order last night.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What about the notch for the mag catch?All my Glock mags have a burr around this notch,and it seems like it could potentially be a problem,at some point.

I take a finger nail file to mine to "square" them up again, never had a problem doing this for ~15 years
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you just remove the burr with the file,or do you actually file on the shoulder of the cutout?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Do you just remove the burr with the file,or do you actually file on the shoulder of the cutout?

Mostly just the burr, but do file on the shoulder if need be (not much though)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top