Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2008 9:29:02 PM EDT
When a Glock is fully assembled, cocked, and the trigger is pulled...is it normal for the trigger bar to ride against the inside of the frame and flex it out slightly?

I just noticed it doing this on my internally stock G34.

thx

Link Posted: 10/13/2008 3:05:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Besides the fact that one's eyes should always be on one's front sight/target and although for the most part I don't spend alot of time finger-fuckin around with my Glocks; your post intrigued me and I had to dry fire my G30 a few times this morning in order to figure out WTH you are speaking of here.

FWIW, it ain't "frame" you are seeing flexing outward; the polymer frame does not move or flex in any manner that I can see, but what you are more than likely seeing is the "slide release lever" flexing outward as the trigger drops when the trigger bar returns forward.

IMO, you have entirely too much time on your hands sir - I suggest ya get to the range and practice placing rounds on target instead of setting around the house smoking pot and dry firing at god knows what around your living room....

mike  
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#2]
The frame flexes on the side opposite the slide release lever.  It's the side of the gun that the trigger bar is closest to.

Other than that, I really want to personally thank mr_wilson for the outstanding direction and guidance on this matter.

Link Posted: 10/13/2008 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#3]
The trigger bar kind of twists towards the frame, yes.
All mine do this.
Link Posted: 10/13/2008 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]
yes there is a lot of slop and side to side play in the stock trigger. Some of the better aftermarket trigger kits eliminate much of that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I just check my 34 and I have no idea what any of you are talking about. lol.

I dont notice any kind of "flexing" any were on my 34.

anyone got a pic or vid for me in case im not understanding what we are taking about?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Same here none of my Glocks frame flex while pulling trigger.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#7]
The area of the frame shown below flexes out when the trigger is pulled.

The trigger BAR rides on this area of the frame.

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The area of the frame shown below flexes out when the trigger is pulled.

The trigger BAR rides on this area of the frame.

www.boomslang.us/images/2112.JPG

I'm sorry, but I have to ask, are you sure your not looking at the thumb groove that is molded into the shape of the frame? no part of my 34's frame, flexes wile dry firing. and I cant really think of any reason why it would.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#9]
The area with the horizontal red line moves outward in the direction of the arrow.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Never heard of this.

OP: I understand that the one in the photo is a made in US frame, not Austrian. Maybe there is a difference? Others probably know. I don't. None of my Glock frames flex--all Austrian.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:24:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I looked at a friend's G34.  It's the same as mine.  It's frame flexes just like mine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:32:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I looked at a friend's G34.  It's the same as mine.  It's frame flexes just like mine.

Does his gun have a US made frame also (it doesn't say Made in Austria on the right side of the grip)? Again, I've never heard of a frame flexing in this area.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#13]
With all this talk of finger-fucking and flexing I had to check this thread out.

For the record, my US made G35 'flexes' just a tad.  Really hard to see, but if you put your left index finger where it says Smyrna, GA, and lightly pull the trigger until you get full take-up, you can feel the frame move back and forth just a tad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top