Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 4:33:23 AM EDT
When you remove the orignal bas pad, are you supposed to use the insert from the original in the +2?

Also, I just got a Glock 19 yesterday and decided to pull the +2 pads off my Glock 22's mags and put them on the Glock 19 mags.

When I looked for my base pads that came off the Glock 22, I could not find them, so, I used the base pads and inserts from the glock 19 mags on the Glock 22 mags.

Will that work or will i encounter problems?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#1]
IF the +2s are factory then:

Quoted:
... are you supposed to use the insert from the original in the +2?....

If you are using FML mags and newer +2s then no, the +2s need to have the insert
that came with them as they lock the base onto the mag. If you have NFML mags they
don't use the insert at all. Some aftermarket +2s don't have inserts and they could
come off if dropped....

....Also, I just got a Glock 19 yesterday and decided to pull the +2 pads off my Glock 22's mags and put them on the Glock 19 mags....

You can IF both mags are FML or both are NFML

..... so, I used the base pads and inserts from the glock 19 mags on the Glock 22 mags....

That is ok....

.......Will that work or will i encounter problems?

See above

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Glock 9mm and 40 cal mags use different inserts.. Floor plates are the same .
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:19:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys for responding, all the mags are FML, the +2 inserts did not come with inserts, they were in the box with the glock 22 when i got it, it was a police trade in.

Sad part about this whole situation, 5 min after I started this thread, I found the box that had the Glock 22 floor plates in it .

Link Posted: 8/20/2008 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you need to change the magazine spring when you use the +2 Mag extensions?  I've always wanted to try them.

Thanks,
BP
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#5]
you dont have too, but some folks use the wolff +10% springs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top