Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2008 8:22:12 PM EDT
Hello, folks.

If you remember, I asked if it was a good time to buy a G26 a while back.  Well, I bought a Glock 26 a few weeks ago and I couldn't be happier.  There has been some, as John_Wayne777" might say, "learning to live with the Glock."  

I swapped the stock sights for the 10-8 plain rear and tritium front sights, which I like so far.  For me, three dot setups are little distracting and I always liked 10-8's design, but I find that I miss multiple dots in really low light.  I also installed a Vickers mag release.  I have stubby fingers, so the stock unit was a no-go for me.  I still find myself shifting my grip with the Vickers model, but engaging it is much easier and I have to move somewhat to get my hand out of the mag dropping free anyway.  Lastly, I got one of the Jentra plugs, but I can't seem to get it to stay put.  It starts creeping out after a bit of shooting.

For the time being, I'm going to stick with the stock floor plates.  I haven't had any trouble releasing the slide release either, so I may forgo that upgrade, too.  I haven't put it through the paces of a course or any hard use yet, so there may things about the setup that I change--but I'm happy so far!

Here she is:

Pardon the dusty desk!  It looked worse before prepped "the scene."  
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 10:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Good job in selecting a great sub compact Glock.  I got a G26 as I wanted to stick to the calibers I was already shooting and 9mm is relatively cheap in my area.  I'm using XS Sight Big Dots and I'm still getting used to them but they seem like they will work out all right in the long run.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Glocks dont need "upgrades" thats the beauty of them. Nite sights and then stop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top