Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2008 11:33:26 AM EDT
I would like to hear from people with experience in both of these pistols as I am in the market for a new Glock.  First off, lets not discuss terminal ballistics of either .45 ACP or .45 GAP.  I would like to know if anyone has experienced improved accuracy or reliability from one or the other.  The weapon would be for concealed carry and the subcompact frame is about the largest I can conceal.  Please share your experiences.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Both great guns, I have a 38 for home and a 39 for UC work. I carry/own these because I am issued a 37. That being said I LOVE my 38, carries and handles like my old 19 but hits hard and is laser accurate. Ammo is getting better to find and I have a full case of Lawman and a 1/2 case of 200 grain Gold Dot.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Im curious as to what ppl have to say to your question. I own Sig's, and Im looking for a smaller carry gun. Im thinking I want a Glock 39. I have huge hands. So, Im not sure how its gonna fit my hand. Everywhere Ive looked for this gun, no one has it. Ive even looked at gun shows.. what gives? Is it because its a GAP ??? I wonder if any are for sale in the EE?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a Glock Model 30 and Mode 39.

The Model 30 is a great compact .45ACP and runs like a champ.

I got the Model 39 because it conceals better than the Model 30.

I'm more accurate with the Model 39 than with the Model 26 (9x19mm) and Model 27 (.40S&W). And to me it has less felt recoil (more of a push, less snap) than the Model 26 and Model 27.

In SoCal, I find that .45GAP ammo is cheaper than .357SIG ammo.
In NV, I find that .45GAP is about the same price as .357SIG ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top