Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2008 2:38:57 PM EDT
or are some blued steel?

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#1]
blued steel mags are after market and generally junk.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I memory serves, first generation glock mags were polymer with NO steel lining.  They had issues with not dropping free I believe, which may be why they went to the full metal lined ones.  But yea, if it ain't polymer with a full metal lining, it ain't a glock unit.  Now their are other makers out there making full metal lined mags, but those will not have the Glock logo on the rear.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I memory serves, first generation glock mags were polymer with NO steel lining.  They had issues with not dropping free I believe, which may be why they went to the full metal lined ones.  But yea, if it ain't polymer with a full metal lining, it ain't a glock unit.  Now their are other makers out there making full metal lined mags, but those will not have the Glock logo on the rear.

The dropping free issue was really designed that way. Some of the euro countries preferred to have to yank on the mag to reload. I had one of the first gen glocks. The mag would pop loose from the release and drop about a 1/4", but you had to pull it out to reload. And a steel mag being jammed into the plastic frame isn't the thing to do. The plastic mag catch takes a beating and the frame gets galled. Gaston got it right and never made a steel mag for a reason.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#5]
anyone ever ordered any mags from topglock.com.  They say new factory Glock mags but when I  sellect one into my checkout  basket it says Glock Factory Magazine, Glock 30, 45ACP, Blue, 10rd capacity

I wonder what Blue means in the discription?  
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
anyone ever ordered any mags from topglock.com.  They say new factory Glock mags but when I  sellect one into my checkout  basket it says Glock Factory Magazine, Glock 30, 45ACP, Blue, 10rd capacity

I wonder what Blue means in the discription?  

I just ordered two of them for my G17 and they are Glock factory mags. The packing slip I got did say "Blue" in the description, but they are the latest gen Glock mags and not steel aftermarkets AFAIK.

Thurman.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks man, Ill order me some tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top