Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2003 5:11:12 PM EDT
I'm pretty sure that the list goes as follows but not 100% anyone wanna tell me if I'm right or correct me.

- 1st generation -
no rails, no finger grooves

- 2nd generation -
rails, no finger grooves

- 3rd generation -
rails, finger grooves

If so, I really really want a 1st generation G21, just like the looks more than the others. I'm assuming you cannot get a 1st gen. G21 new but that would be sweet. Do they still make them or is it 100% 3rd generation these days?
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:28:30 AM EDT
[#1]
You'd have to buy it used, they only make 3rd generation these days.  Cosmetics are not the only upgrades however, there have been changes made to the parts of the firearm itself.  Some are safety precautions.  If you get a 1st gen frame, I'd get a 3rd gen slide and all 3rd gen parts.  This still won't fix the slide rails (they changed them) which are molded into the frame.  That's why I bought a 3rd gen.  Plus I like the finger grooves and mounting rails. :)
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Mike
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.glockfaq.com/images/pics/framegens.jpg

Mike

thank ya thank ya thank ya

Clearified it completely
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Mike to the rescue!!!! This same pic straightened me out about a year ago.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top