Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2003 3:08:07 PM EDT
One of my Glocks is ejecting the spent casings back at my face.  Doesn't do it every time, but enough to be annoying.  Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#1]
what kind of ammo? I ask because I know that when using some really cheap 223 ammo an AR will throw the brass forwards instead of backwards.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I've fed it everything from Black Hills to Federal A.E and it still does it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 2:55:20 AM EDT
[#3]
How old is the pistol?  How many rounds have been put through it?  Does it have the part number 4340 stamped on the ejector?  Has it always done this or is this a new characteristic of your pistol?
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought the gun in 1994 right before the ban. Does that make it a first generation?  It has no more than 600 rds. through it. It has done it since I bought it but it has gotten worse.  I originally thought I was breaking my wrist when I shot, but I've had a few others shoot it recently and its done the same for them.  I'll have to check on that part number.    
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
This is not uncommon for many different brands of handgun. It is an issue specific to this weapon and not the Glock in general. Have an authorized armorer adjust the ejector if possible or replace it if not and the problem should disappear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top