Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2007 9:45:16 AM EDT
I read somewhere that Glock 17 mags will work in a Glock 19 but they stick out the bottom of the grip further.  Anyone have a pic of this?  

I own a G17 and am shopping around for a G19 for concealed carry.  I will need to use the Pierce grip extenders on the G19 mags so my large hands will seat comfortable on the shorter G19 grip.  I've never used the Pierce products before, but I understand they also make a +2 extender for the G19.  How relaible are the Pierce products and specifically the +2 extenders?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I never had a problem with them in my G22/23/27.   Glock also has some factory ones floating around and A&G makes a piece that attaches to the end of the 17 mag to make a flush fit on the 19s.  I think you can get them from ombps.com
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're going to put extenders on the 19 mags, there's really not going to be a difference between the 19 and the 17, at least when it comes to concealing it.  The grip is usually the hardest part to conceal, and if you use the extenders, the grip is effectively going to be the same length.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you're going to put extenders on the 19 mags, there's really not going to be a difference between the 19 and the 17, at least when it comes to concealing it.  The grip is usually the hardest part to conceal, and if you use the extenders, the grip is effectively going to be the same length.

That's what I was thinking when I read it also.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I read somewhere that Glock 17 mags will work in a Glock 19 but they stick out the bottom of the grip further.  Anyone have a pic of this?

No pic, but they do work.  I CCW a G26 with the 10-round mag and 2 spare G17 mags in a belt pouch.  It takes a little getting used to, but the G17 mags work fine.

ETA: EDC gear.

Click for larger pic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top