Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2003 6:31:28 PM EDT
Which one is better, and how hard are they to install. I want to put them on a 21. Never have installed sites on a pistol, forgive my naivity. Also, what is a good source for them? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon is the best, but Meps are pretty good...anything else is no contest. Do yourself a favor and pay someone to put them on for you. If you break an ampule during the install, you are responsible...if they do it, they replace it. I would suggest calling Trijicon and asking about sending your slide to them for an install, but you may also find other places that also provide the service and sell you the sights a little cheaper. (Trijicon will charge retail)

Their service dept. # is 800-338-0563, ask for pricing & shipping info

www.trijicon-inc.com/
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Trijicon by far is the best.  They are brighter out of the box than Meprolites, they last longer, and Ive seen too many instances of the Tritium tube falling out of the sight body itself on Meps.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:07:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Which one is better, and how hard are they to install. I want to put them on a 21. Never have installed sites on a pistol, forgive my naivity. Also, what is a good source for them? Thanks.

Glockmeister sells Mepros installed for $65
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:24:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought 2 G22's... both old Police guns.. and both came with Trijicon's along with many other ones I looked at... and Police Officers trust the guns they carry with thier lives.. soooo.... I'd guess that trijicons are the better of the 2
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Greetings,

I have Bar-dot, Meprolites, and Trijicons.  All work good and are similar in brightness.  I have damaged at least one rear sight in each example.  It is too easy to break an ampule installing them with a wood, brass, or steel drift punch.  Either use a sight pusher or get someone who has one to install your sights.  When the ampule is broken the sights go dim to dark in as little as 24 hrs. One set was dim for a month before failure. I have had two gunsmiths damage front sights on 1911's installing them.  The slide MUST have a flat where the sight contats the slide or it WILL fail.  For a 1911, I recommend having the manufacturer install the sight.  For a Glock, be sure to use the pusher (Which Brownells sells.) Properly installed sights will be bright and last a long time from all the manufacturers. :D
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Try these....use them and believe, I do.

www.ashleyoutdoors.com

All you do is dot the i, and squeeze. This type of sight takes a little getting used to, but they are fast.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been told that some people prefer the Merprolights because they are easier to see in the day time.  Meaning that the white plastic ring around them is easier to see than the painted on ring around the Trijicons.  Also I have been told that the white ring around the Trijicon tends to wear off over time.  Just my $.02 worth.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I had Trijicons on my G21 and Meps on my G23.  I like the Meps better.  They have a wider white outline around the inserts which makes them easier to use in the daytime.  I have not noticed any difference in brightness in the dark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top