Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 9:33:00 PM EDT
When I shoot My Glock 21 in an Isoceles or a Weaver stance the casings tend to bounce off my right ear or the top right of my shooting glasses when they come down. The ejector doesn't seem in any way deformed as compared to my Glocks in other calibers.....just seems to be throwing the casings up in an arc around my big old head. Once one of them went down the back of my neck...ow ow ow! Has anyone here had a similar experience with a Glock or any auto??? It's kinda distracting.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Try a different weight recoil spring.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats a good thought.....but g****nm shouldn't they come from the factory a little better than that? I'm using 230gr fmj ball ammo.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Guns can be a little different. If you think about it the looser tolerances of the glock, while it's great for reliability, creates a lot of variences.

Also the way you shoot or grip the gun can have a affect. Sometimes you have to taylor the gun to fit you. I don't buy this one size fits all baloney.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Every once in a while (1 in 200 rounds or so)a casing will hit me in the forehead.  I still have no idea why this happens.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#5]
SO??

Every time I shoot my Glock 17 empty cartridge's would end up in my shirt pocket.  Figure about one or two percent end in my pockets and not the floor.

It's almost enough to want it to happen all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top