Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2007 1:54:54 PM EDT
I'm picking up a new Glock 26 with night sights tomorrow. I'm curious as to the various concealed carry options in use out there. I would like to hear anyones opinion in favor or against any holster you have used. Pics would be cool too. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry ITW with a Don Hume holster 12rd mag with, spare in a fobus paddle mag pouch. Keeps it tight to the body and very easy to conceal with light clothing.

Link Posted: 9/17/2007 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have any pictures (yet) but I carry my G26 in a Comp-Tac Pro Undercover. I'm happy with that combo so far and because my G26 is more of my "summer" gun I usually carry a spare G26 mag. I've carried a G19 mags as well and I few times I didn't take any spare mags with me but it made me feel naked!
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
DeSantis nemesis, pocket holster.

Link Posted: 9/17/2007 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Takes a little getting used to, and I don't have a picture but i love carrying my g26 appendix carry. If your groin is 12 and your right hip is 3, that is at approximately 1. I have taken a couple force on force classes and you would be surprised 1) how fast it is and 2) how sneaky.

When in a FUT (fucked up tangle), it can be a little difficult to slide your strong hand (which you may instinctually want to use for blocking or striking) to a 4'oclock either because of mobility or because you are trying to lesson blows.

Moreover, it is great for when sitting down either in public or in a car. The holster I use is a Rusty Sherrick.

www.c-rusty.com/pages/home.html

He is a phenomenal man and makes a great product.

The gun sits snug, is highly concealed, and I still use a G19 mag in it.

Link Posted: 9/17/2007 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
depends...is your G26 a primary or a BUG carry gun?

if primary: IWB, strong side (3:30-4:00) carry works for me (comptac CTAC/MTAC, Threat Solutions UCR (or Desantis Scorpion), and the MiltSparks works great)

BUG: ankle or jacket pocket carry
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 3:55:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Plus 1, excellent choice.

Quoted:
Takes a little getting used to, and I don't have a picture but i love carrying my g26 appendix carry. If your groin is 12 and your right hip is 3, that is at approximately 1. I have taken a couple force on force classes and you would be surprised 1) how fast it is and 2) how sneaky.

When in a FUT (fucked up tangle), it can be a little difficult to slide your strong hand (which you may instinctually want to use for blocking or striking) to a 4'oclock either because of mobility or because you are trying to lesson blows.

Moreover, it is great for when sitting down either in public or in a car. The holster I use is a Rusty Sherrick.

www.c-rusty.com/pages/home.html

He is a phenomenal man and makes a great product.

The gun sits snug, is highly concealed, and I still use a G19 mag in it.

Here is an example of someone else wearing AWB (though this is with a synthetic holster and not as close to center line as I wear it).

i132.photobucket.com/albums/q27/braindoc_photos/AIWB/P1010145.jpg

Link Posted: 9/18/2007 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the replys. I'm going to pick it up in a few minutes. Not much available from local dealers as far as holster. They all want to sell me the same old crappy "Uncle Mike's" thin holsters. I will see what I can find from the suggestions on the 'net.
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Bulman and a G26
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked up a G26 on Wednesday and today ordered the exact Don Hume holster that BallisticTip has. Until the Hume gets here, it is riding in a Blackhawk SERPA. Not diggin it too much, hince the new one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#11]
DeSantis Cozy Partner
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

i152.photobucket.com/albums/s189/Boru_album/resized004.jpg

A big +1 on this, except I actually carry my G19 IWB with this holster.  I've found that if you just cinch your belt down a little snug, everything stays in place nicely.  The slick inside of the holster give you a smooth draw and adds little to the overall bulk.  Very concealable overall...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#13]
This C-Tac works great for my G-30 and I am getting one for my new G-26

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:33:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I have one of those. Nice holster, but it seems to be a bit of a PITA to draw without drawing the holster as well. I never had that issue with my old Uncle Mikes/642 combo, but the G26 does seem to sit 'lower' in the holster than the 642 did.

I'm carrying in a Comp-Tac Infidel until I figure out a pocket holster that keeps its place a bit better. Maybe I'll try an Uncle Mikes, or maybe something in leather. Not that drawing the holster is the end of the world, but I'd much rather it didn't happen so easily.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:42:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Galco NSA II - and have been using it for years.  I love it!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have one of those. Nice holster, but it seems to be a bit of a PITA to draw without drawing the holster as well. I never had that issue with my old Uncle Mikes/642 combo, but the G26 does seem to sit 'lower' in the holster than the 642 did.

I'm carrying in a Comp-Tac Infidel until I figure out a pocket holster that keeps its place a bit better. Maybe I'll try an Uncle Mikes, or maybe something in leather. Not that drawing the holster is the end of the world, but I'd much rather it didn't happen so easily.

Yeah, it`s really just a sheath to cover the trigger and mask the outline/form of the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top