Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 11:31:13 PM EDT
A couple of years ago I went to a garage sale where this guy was selling gun stuff. I bought a couple of miscellaneous items including a Galco holster model A36. I exchanged emails recently with them (Galco) including a couple of photo's because they didn't even have that model number in their records. The last exchange was a request for a photo of the outside so they could see what gun it fits. Well, it prints to my Glock 17 pretty exactly so I can figure that much out, and it is most similiar to their avenger line, but it is really tight, and snug even when you back the tension screw way off.

My questions are-

Is there a Glock model narrower than the 17?

Is there a treatment for the leather inside that will reduce friction without transfering to the  gun?

How much friction/tightness should be considered acceptable?

What are the advantages of the Avenger model holster?

As a footnote, yesterday I was recalling my conversation with the seller, the shop he said he worked with and why he was selling all this gun stuff, and I just now realized  that it was probably Mr. McDougall of Scott-McDougall and Associates. He had sold his gun safe for $400 earlier that morning or I would have picked it up too.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Galco's website has a new product to reduce friction.

FYI, Milt Sparks suggests you place your pistol in a heavy weight plastic bag and insert it into your tight fitting holser-leave it for a day or 2.  It works!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top