Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 4:52:04 PM EDT
 i just traded a colt .380 for a glock 29. it came with the box, and 2 10 round mags. i have only shot a 10mm once (bren ten), and it was years ago. i remember it had a considerable amount of muzzle flip. i just wondered if anyone had any hands on experience with the model 29? it has a very small hand grip, at least for my hand...
i was intially just wanting a more powerful  gun for concealed carry. after playing with it a bit, it seems as bulky as my .45.
anybody have a model 29? thoughts? experiences?
thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a 29 but Welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been carrying a 29 for over five years now. I like it but ammo is expensive. Get the Pearce Grip extensions for the mags.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
i already bought the mag extensions. they feel a lot better.
what kind of holster do you use with it?
the slide release is very hard to operate on this gun. you really have to press hard to get it to release. i asked the gunsmith about it, and he said they were tight when new. anyone else have this problem?

thanks for the welcome, and the replies guys!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not a slide release on a Glock--it's a slide lock.  You're actually supposed to rack the slide, not hit the lever, to release it.  You CAN, but that's not the proscribed method of doing it (yah, yah, bring up the topic of extended stop levers....).  

It does get easier as you go, if you want to do it that way.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Imo, the 10mm Glocks recoil less than the .40 Glocks.  I would take a Glock 29 anyday of the week.  You made a good deal :)
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i already bought the mag extensions. they feel a lot better.
what kind of holster do you use with it?
the slide release is very hard to operate on this gun. you really have to press hard to get it to release. i asked the gunsmith about it, and he said they were tight when new. anyone else have this problem?

thanks for the welcome, and the replies guys!

Welcome aboard!

Try www.topglock.com...They have a drop-in replacement for that itty-biddy slide release.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I like my 29 allot. More so since I installed the extension on the magazine. Pierce or something to that effect IIRC. I can hold on to her now.

She ROCKS!

MM419
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top