Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2007 5:06:42 PM EDT
I took my G23 to the range today for a plate shooting contest. (came in 4th)

I usually use factory loads but I ran out, and the rangemaster let me use some of his handloads. I had no malfunctions before using the handloads, but after loading the handloads, it seemed like the spring in the mag stopped working, or it got stuck.

I had to pound it into my palm to get the bullets to surface. This even caused a malfuntion during one round of the competition, where it failed to load into my chamber but would not let me eject the mag.

I usually use this gun for carry, and the bullets sit in there for a while compressing the springs. Do I need to replace the springs ? or was it the handloads that did it?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the OAL was to long on the rounds and they were hitting the front and back of the mag.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds like the OAL was to long on the rounds and they were hitting the front and back of the mag.

You know what your right. I bet that was it. I didn't think of it at the time, but yeah, it seems I remember them hitting the front and rear, but didn't think anything of it.

I just showed up to shoot paper targets and they had the plate shoot, so I wasn't prepared.

So basically the guys bullet was not stuffed into the casing far enough?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top