Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2007 11:26:39 AM EDT
Has anyone ever had Glock replace there frame? My Glock 19 has a crack in the frame.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Call GLOCKMEISTER!!!

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Where is the crack? Pics please.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I updated my Gen I  G22 to a Gen III (oh no I'm speaking Glockhock.gif)for about $170 afew years back.

I would expect a crack to be a warranty issue.

7mm
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Has anyone ever had Glock replace there frame? My Glock 19 has a crack in the frame.

Whats the SN start with?  I just sent an ETF-prefix (frame recall) G26 in for an unrelated issue, and they are upgrading it for me at no charge.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a first generation Glock 19. The crack is small and at the bottom of the grip. It almost looks like someone took the gun and slammed it on a knife with the magazine removed. I do not remember anything happening that would cause this. Never dropped the gun at a course that I remember. If Glock replaces the frame does it have to go through a FFL or will they use the same serial number? Will work on some pics, right now my camera is broken.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:22:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a cut not a crack??

Being at the bottom of the frame, it probably doesn't affect the function.. maybe?

Post a pic of it.  They may do nothing about it since it doesn't sound like a defect or frame failure.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:40:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a first generation Glock 19. The crack is small and at the bottom of the grip. It almost looks like someone took the gun and slammed it on a knife with the magazine removed. I do not remember anything happening that would cause this. Never dropped the gun at a course that I remember. If Glock replaces the frame does it have to go through a FFL or will they use the same serial number? Will work on some pics, right now my camera is broken.

Since this has nothing to do with the recall you will most likely have to pay to have the frame replaced.

I think they will issue you the same serial number but might add a 1 to it to show it had been replaced.

You can send it directly to Glock (shipped overnight air) and they will return it to you. No need to go through an FFL.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#8]
When I paid for the frame upgrade I got a new serial number.  So the barrel & slide match but the frame is a different number.

7mm
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Unless your frame is involved in the non-recall recall, then you won't get the same number, with or without a "1".    If the frame is defective, chances are Glock will replace it free.  If not, they'll probably give you a better deal than anybody you're likely to find elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Send it in and I will bet they will replace the frame for free.  I had been looking at
very cheap used G23 several years ago at a dealer that was selling out.  The frame was
cracked and he discounted the gun down $200 from his original price because of it.

I decided not to buy it but one of my shooting budies went back and bought it later that day. He sent it in to Glock and got the frame replaced at no charge. So he ended
up with a used Glock G23 for just a little less than $170.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top