Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2001 4:12:48 PM EDT
I have had an unusually large number of FTF problems with my G-19 lately, and a few FTE's as well.  

With the Failure to Fire (FTF) the problem is thus;  the gun fires and ejects the spent round, the next round loads, but the gun is NOT cocked.  I have to perform a "half rack," which is the same basic thing you do when you dry fire.  This will cock the gun, but will not eject the live round and will allow me to fire that round.  This happened about 4 times today.

The Failure to Ejects (FTE) are rarer, but do occur occassionally.  The round does not fully eject after it is fired and the gun has to be cleared.  This did not occur today.

I am using a 3rd generation Glock Model 19, which I bought new about 6 months ago.  I am firing 124 grain Olympia 9mm (NATO spec).  The ammo is factory new.

None of these problems occur when I am firing my Glock Model 21 (.45 ACP).  I have never had an FTF or FTE with the Model 21.

Any ideas on what the problem is?
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Might be the trigger spring (aka the Achille's Heel of the Glock) and the extractor depressor plunger spring are weak. Just my guess. Not hard to fix if you can detail strip the Glock.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
SS are you sure that the firing pin is not being cocked? I thought I read somewhere that the greek ammo had hard primers in them. Have you tried any other ammo with it yet?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
SS are you sure that the firing pin is not being cocked? I thought I read somewhere that the greek ammo had hard primers in them. Have you tried any other ammo with it yet?

I shoot all kind of ammo, so far its only happened Greek, but that's just because I have a lot of it (lot as in lot).  

However, the trigger does not return to the foreward position so I know that it is not cocked.  And I do not see how ammo could cause this since the last round fully ejects.

-SS
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#4]
It definitely sounds very strange. So it hasn't happened with any other ammo, just the Greek?

It does seem like the gun is going fully into battery?

I would say give it a deep cleaning and see what happens. Maybe some crud got down in the works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top