Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2007 3:47:08 PM EDT
I`m thinking about getting my first Glock.

A Glock 21 for that matter. I currently work for an armored car company, and I`m currently carrying a Sig 228.

While I love my 228, I can`t use HP on the job. So I was thinking about a .45ACP, Hi-Cap, and something that`ll stand up to the elements.

I`ve shot a few Glocks 17, 19, 27, and 29, but never a 21. What do you guys think?

Also is it worth it to get night sites?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my 21 (but it is a BIG gun), but now that the 21SF Glock is out I would hold out and get one of them (the grip should fit 99% of users better).  Another option is the Springfield XD .45ACP - couldn't go wrong with either.  

I always swap the stock Glock sights for night sights just because the factory front sight post fell off of my G35 when it just had a few hundred rounds through it.  Not willing to have that happen any more.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont know about the newer gen G-21's,but i owned a G-21c,and didin't care for the frame size in my hand,and i have fairly large hands.have you handled one lately?i'm not sure wether mine was gen 1 or 2,but unless they have changed the frame i wouldn't recomend a 21.Try an XD IF YOU WANT PLASTIC OR THE OLD STANDBY 1911.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#3]
There are also the compact Glock 30's that hold ten rounds. The are pretty thick also but much smaller than the G21's. The Sig 228's have a pretty thick grip also so you may like them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 11:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Cant beat the 21

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top