Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 4:07:37 PM EDT
If you have a Glock 36 could you do me a favor and take a look at it...looking at the rear of the pistol does the rear of the slide sit completely flush with the rear of the frame or does the rear of the slide stick out slightly?

Here is my dilemma...the rear of the slide on my brand new Glock 36 is sticking out ever so slightly away from the frame.  I think this might be due to having a front Novak night sight installed.  The front sight is held on with what appears to be a rather thick bolt or nut that I am afraid is pushing down on the barrel which may in turn be keeping the slide from fully going into battery.  I checked my friends full sized .40 and the rear of the slide and the rear of the frame seem to fit flush.  Upon checking my full size .45, that I have never had problems with, the rear of the slide and frame DO NOT seem to fit flush.  I am wondering if this is some abonormalaty that is common with Glock .45's.  The Glock 36 seems to be in battery but I have not fired it yet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is flush (brand new model 36) and the slide sticks out past the frame in front about 1/64" Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine Is not flush, i have fired about 500 rounds through , only had it for 2 weeks . Not one problem with mine..
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Not flush here.
I'm sure yours is fine.

You should be able to tell if it is locking up. Is the top/rear of the barrel about a papers depth from the top of the slide?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#4]
The rear on mine sticks out a bit. No problems.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top