Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 12:50:41 PM EDT
Why are there 10 spring coils on the LEO magazines and 11 on no-LEO?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

When Glock updated the receivers to the "picture frame" serial plate they found the 10 coil would not feed reliably so they went with 10% extra power springs(11 coil).

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When Glock updated the receivers to the "picture frame" serial plate they found the 10 coil would not feed reliably so they went with 10% extra power springs(11 coil).

What is this exactly?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What is this exactly?

As you know durring the ban standard capacity were stamped "Government/LE only", the ban ended in '04 and mags had 10 coil springs. Late in '05(Oct if IIRC) Glock changed the serial plate to look(as some call it) more like a picture frame(bottom receiver) from the older more exposed plate(top receiver). When they switched it stiffened the receiver so it did not flex as well and thus the feed problems. By changing to the 11 coil spring in the standard capacity mags this fixed the problem.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
So HR9mm what you are saying is that the receiver I sent back with a crack and Glock replaced it with a Picture Framed receiver then I should make sure that weapon uses 11 coil springs?

Please confirm so I can get 11 coil springs for that weapon.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So HR9mm what you are saying is that the receiver I sent back with a crack and Glock replaced it with a Picture Framed receiver then I should make sure that weapon uses 11 coil springs?

Please confirm so I can get 11 coil springs for that weapon.

The G22s seamed to be the ones that had the most trouble for what ever reason. I would update the springs weather you have problems or not. But that's just me, springs are cheap.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I think the real answer to your question is, they aren't.  I am not an LEO and I got 11 coil magazines with my new mags where appropriate.  But as long as you aren't having problems with your guns, more specifically, late model G22s with the new serial number plate, I wouldn't worry about it.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Given the same wire size, coil diameter, and free length. 11 coil springs are actually lighter than 10 coil springs as adding wire reduces the rate of the spring.

Are the LEO and civilian springs made from the same diameter wire? And are the outside diameters of the springs the same? If they are, the 10 coil spring actually has a higher rate.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top