Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2007 10:52:07 AM EDT
I am in the process of buying a G34 for my wife to shoot IDPA with. She wanted a nice shiny stainless 1911 in 9mm but I vetoed that idea (to expensive for a gun I amnot even shure she will shoot). We have come up with a few mods that should make the Glock a bit more appealing to her. I am going to do a grip reduction on it, relieve the triger gaurd, install an ambi mag release as well as Dura Coat the frame orange sherbrert. The color choice is hers obviously. She would also like the slide done in hard chrome but I am trying to do this on the cheap.

I read in another thread that you can strip the slide on a Glock and polish it and get a nice stainless look to the gun. The idea being that the tennifer will prevent any corrosion. It makes sense but having never stripped a glock slide to bear metal I wasn't shure how it would look.Is this true? Does the end product look nice and shiny like polished stainless? Has anyone done this? if so would you post some pics? ANy tips on how to go about it?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
.....install an ambi mag release.....

You are going to have problems because no one makes one.

.....you can strip the slide on a Glock and polish it and get a nice stainless look.......

I have not done a slide YET but I will most likely do my G35. I have done several barrels. They look closer to nickel then chrome but very nice. The top barrel is just stainless, middle is factory and the bottom one is just polished.

...The idea being that the tennifer will prevent any corrosion. Is this true?...

Yes, because Tenifer is a heat treating/corrosion process that penetrates the metal. The Black is just a coating.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#2]

You are going to have problems because no one makes one.

You're right. i thought I saw one in brownells catolog but just went to look for it ad con not find it now. The pics look great by the way.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Or you could just be wrong.

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=868982

Cool, learn something all the time. Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure it's just me, but I hate the 2 tone plastic pistol look.  I like my black G17, Black XD45, Black PX4 storm, and for stainless, a shiny SP101.

To me the multi color plastic stuff looks tacti-ghey.  Just my opinion, no crazy tupperware color war here.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:55:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Or you could just be wrong.

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=868982

Thank you that is the one I saw yeasterday I just forgot where I saw it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]
i would get a ccf race frame before i would do a grip reduction.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#8]
height=8
Polish Glock slide?

Man, even though I read this thread more than once, and know what it's about, everytime I log into this Forum, I keep reading it wrong...

Am I the only one that keeps thinking...
height=8
Polish Glock slide? Aren't these things made in Austria? What the hell is someone doing w/ a Glock slide from Poland?
hen
Karz
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:57:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Man, even though I read this thread more than once, and know what it's about, everytime I log into this Forum, I keep reading it wrong...

Am I the only one that keeps thinking...

Polish Glock slide? Aren't these things made in Austria? What the hell is someone doing w/ a Glock slide from Poland?
Karz

I had not in the past but now that you mention it I am sure I will a time or two...  thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#10]
where did will smith get his glock with polished slide?

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
where did will smith get his glock with polished slide?

img251.imageshack.us/img251/3462/bad10rb5.th.jpg

The airsoft factory?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Matte finish H.Chrome

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I recently updated my G20L as a bit of color can spice up the fun at the range.  However, my G22 and G23 remain stock as they are defensive tools.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top