Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2001 7:24:07 PM EDT
I have been thinking about adding a laser onto my Glock 30 for home defense.  Does anyone have advice about the different types (grips, recoil rod, on trigger gaurd,...)
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 12:00:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest a flashlight instead.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#2]
They have a new laser/flashlight combo out now that uses the accessory rail on the Glock. I likes it cause you can take it on and off without any tools, and you can set the laser to pulsate. I didn't like the price though ($350.00). I carry the Sure-Fire C2 Centurion. It fits nicely in my double mag holster.

Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't get an external laser.. They're so tempermental they're basically useless.

Instead, get a LASERMAX.  They're between $300-400, but really worth the price.  Laser replaces the guide rod, doesn't require and adjusting or sighting in.

www.lasersightsusa.com
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#4]
If you do decide on a LaserMax, check out eBay.  Found my best price there.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Save a lot of money and buy a laser pointer at Radio Shack instead.  It looks just as cool, and its actually more useful, since you can use it to assist your Power Point Presentations at work (your boss probably won't like you bringing the Glock to work).

-SS
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Why not go with the M6 light/laser combo. It costs about the same as a light or laser stand alone.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry guys, there is no replacement for a fully internal system.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sorry guys, there is no replacement for a fully internal system.

But you'll never be able to make a Power Point Presentation with an internal laser.....

-SS
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Wanna bet?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would suggest a flashlight instead.

I would have to agree. Stay away from the lasers. They seem sexy, cool but are really functionally useless. The only thing they might be good for is for the intimidation factor of that little red dot.

I had a LaserMax on my Glock 30 for about 2 years and 500 rounds. It never did align with the sights properly. At 10 yards it was about 6 inches too high and and inch or two left. I sent it back for replacement and the next one was teh same. Save yourself $200-$300 and get a good set of night sights installed. Here is why:

1) Always on, always attatched when you need them

2) Works with your current holster (although so will a LaserMax but not a trigger guard laser)

3) Much better in a "tactical situation" The laser emits a beam which spots your target but leaves a trail pointing right back to you. IN the dark it will give away your position where as you can hide back safely in the shadows with nightsights and highlight your target.

4) Get in the habit of always using a flashlight for low light shooting. You absolutely MUST identify your target before you fire. Even in a home invasion. The outcome of shooting a target that you have not accurately identified could be disasterous. It could be one of your own kids in the dark coming to investigate the same sound you heard. It may be a police officer that has responded to your 911 call and finds the door open so he is investigating.

In closing. Save the $300-$400 you were going to spend on the LaserMax and buy two things:

1) A quality set of night sights
2) A Surefire flashlight like a 6P or my new favorite... an E2. They are very compact, designed with the shooter in mind, and extremely bright for their size.

Total: Sights $90-$100 installed, Light: $60 if you shop around a bit.

If I had it to do over again I never would have bought my LaserMax. I ended up selling it off at quite a loss.

Just my $0.02. Some will agree with me.... some won't.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why not go with the M6 light/laser combo. It costs about the same as a light or laser stand alone.

G30 doesn't have a rail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top