Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 6:10:12 PM EDT
I wish the back straps were modular like alot of other guns. Is this a good idea or am I asking too much?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
i think that would be nice actually.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:58:18 AM EDT
[#2]
It would be a welcome addition.  Easier than sending all my glocks out for grip-reduction surgery.

Sheep
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:19:01 AM EDT
[#3]
To me that would make them seem "cheap", for lack of a better word.  I dunno -- there's just something I don't like about modular backstraps.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:25:41 AM EDT
[#4]
doubt you think that about your 1911
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#5]
It's be dandy if they'd make a modular frontrap to go along with it so you could change the entire f%&^ing grip angle of it!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:45:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Call glock and inquire about a FAGGOT model!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:10:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I did and they gave me your number (or maybe I got it when I called asking for the number of the village idiot?)

Back on subject, I have been saying for a while now that Glock needs to come out with a Gen4 frame that incorporated replaceable front and rear grip straps. Contrary to what Gaston and some of the people above may think, one design does not fit all. The hump on the back and the finger grooves are moronic and pointless IMO. The finger grooves are easy enough to deal with but that rear hump is not. Some people like those features and for those people, they can supply inserts that match the current 3rd gen frames. The rest of us can get other inserts that meet (or can be easily modified to fit) our preferences.

It's not like it would be that hard to do, just about every other manufacture making polymer framed pistols has figured it out so I'm sure Gaston could too. That said, I doubt we will see it, not anytime soon anyway. They will probably just file it away with the list of other good ideas for new stuff they could make but they prefer to waste their time screwing with stupid shit like the .45GAP
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:49:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Contrary to what Gaston and some of the people above may think, one design does not fit all. The hump on the back and the finger grooves are moronic and pointless IMO. The finger grooves are easy enough to deal with but that rear hump is not. Some people like those features and for those people, they can supply inserts that match the current 3rd gen frames. The rest of us can get other inserts that meet (or can be easily modified to fit) our preferences.

It's not like it would be that hard to do, just about every other manufacture making polymer framed pistols has figured it out so I'm sure Gaston could too. That said, I doubt we will see it, not anytime soon anyway. They will probably just file it away with the list of other good ideas for new stuff they could make but they prefer to waste their time screwing with stupid shit like the .45GAP

+1

i prefer the 2nd gen grips and 3rd gen rails; making the diameters of the many grips the SAME would also be nice, stupid glock

i dont know about interchanable grip straps and pannels and what not as i hugely prefer the simplicity of glocks, and the add on fillers, well i dont know...

but yea, they dont listen to the consumer market--just themselves, which sucks
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

HAHAHAHA. I have no problem with new GLOCK ergos.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I wish the back straps were modular like alot of other guns. Is this a good idea or am I asking too much?
 If you like the 1911 grip angle, try this on for size. A bit pricey but a lot of great features.  www.ccfraceframes.com/advantage.htm  Pass it on.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Crappy grip angle and the hump is why I dumped my Glocks, except my carry 26.  Glocks are great for carry, but for shooting I have seen the light.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:46:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 If you like the 1911 grip angle, try this on for size. A bit pricey but a lot of great features.  www.ccfraceframes.com/advantage.htm  Pass it on.

Have you actually tried one of these?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:57:25 AM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:

At present Glock doesn't offer a Faggot model, they do however offer Faggot magazines in 10 rounds as to not make the handbag so heavy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you actually tried one of these?
 Not yet, I cant find a local dealer and wont buy without actually holding one in my hand. I'm concerned about the mag well ( how large it is ) I really like the brass one on my 22 and want to compare before I buy. I do however really want the 1911 grip angle since that's what I carry concealed.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I wish Glock would go beyond the backstrap, and make a frame with solid, slide in horizontal segments to have either a full sized grip, or by removing the segment, a CCW sized piece.

But if they did this,  they'd kill the market for all the people who buy a mid or large size, then a second gun specifcally for CCW.

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#18]
My G19s fit my hand perfectly. My G17 with the hump lower does not fit as well, and my G21 is slightly uncomfortable.

So I would vote yes, as long as one of the options gives it the same grip they offer now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top