Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2006 12:32:14 AM EDT
i know that it probably wont make and difference to most of you but i just want to know your preferance if you have one. I personally have shot many many Glocks and I prefer the smooth trigger that comes standard on almost all full size models AFAIK, Thats why i just ordered a smooth that will be instaled on my 19 as soon as it arrives.

ANY opinions(good or bad) are welecome
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 5:37:46 AM EDT
[#1]
As you know the "Target Trigger" was designed to add points for importation. I change all of mine out to the smooth. The target trigger rubs my trigger finger the wrong way.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, love the smooth.  I switched out my G23's for smooth a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:06:28 AM EDT
[#3]
So what exactly is this "points" thing, iv herd it mentioned before??? and how does a smooth or target trigger affect it???
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So what exactly is this "points" thing, iv herd it mentioned before??? and how does a smooth or target trigger affect it???

BATFE rules state the any imported pistol must meet a minimum "points" requirement. The points break down like this:

Length: for each 1/4" over 6"..................... 1
Forged steel frame ................................. 15
Forged HTS alloy frame ........................... 20
Unloaded weight w/mag (per oz.) ............... 1
.22 short and .25 auto .............................. 0
.22 LR and 7.65mm to .380 auto ............... 3
9mm parabellum and over ....................... 10
Locked breech mechanism ......................... 5
Loaded chamber indicator .......................... 5
Grip safety ............................................... 3
Magazine safety ....................................... 5
Firing pin block or lock ............................. 10
External hammer ...................................... 2
Double action .......................................... 10
Drift adjustable target sight ........................ 5
Click adjustable target sight ...................... 10
Target grips .............................................. 5
Target trigger ............................................ 2

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#5]
All my Glocks have smooth triggers now.  I really prefer smooth over the ribbed target trigger.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:24:45 AM EDT
[#6]
yup, love the smooth trigger.
feels much better, and no more wrinkled trigger finger after those long range sessions...
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:42:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, the reason i wanted to switch im out was because after about 25min of shooting ONLY my G19 I had a nice dint with grooves worn into my finger. At the same time my friend shooting his G23 had a dent but no irratating grooves.................................................Now im starting to sound like a puss, like i said before its probably the least of my worries, but hell might as well make my glock perfict for me
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:17:25 AM EDT
[#8]
try this guy:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=89&t=346538

he'll take care of you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I switched my G27's trigger out with a smooth one.   It got painful shooting through a few mags with that damn ribbed one.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:56:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Shit only $11 from the guy on the above link!!! thats a deal as i paid about $20 total from topglock about 1 month ago..........If you want a good trigger i suggest using the link.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:04:00 AM EDT
[#11]
What's great is to get the smooth trigger and sand the trigger safety a little in the middle so that it matches the curve of the trigger.  Now that makes a great shooting experience.  I don't know why GLOCK makes all triggers curved and all safeties flat.

The wonders of 2000 grit sandpaper.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I never even thought about doing that!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 6:34:23 AM EDT
[#13]
a minute or two with an exacto knife and sandpaper will get you the same thing.

I certainly prefer the smooth trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top