Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/6/2006 3:57:52 PM EDT
Glock 19 with 2 mags, case, loader (standard NIB package right?)

What do I want to have on hand besides a bunch of 9mm ammo?

Glock disassembly tool?  Or is an AR15 firing pin plenty?

UPDATE:
Got it last night (8-16-06), brand new

Since no one has ever seen a pic of a Glock 19 here it is ()

Link Posted: 8/6/2006 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
hks mag loader your thumbs will thank you!
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
glue
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
MY Glock disasembly tool is a nail I found on the range, it works great and is easily replaced if lost.
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
glue

JB Weld any better?
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock 17 mags.  And maybe a Glock 18 mag for the "Oh Wow" factor at the range.  

Alota ammo.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
an EOD suit?
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#7]
night sights, a good holster, lots of G19/17/18 mags

your also suppost to have a manual and lock w/ the package
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Extra set of fingers?
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#9]
3/32 inch punch (no "disassembly tool" necessary) and a general round of humorous disdain for idiots that would tell you that your Glock is some sort of ammunition primed hand grenade.
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#10]
More mags and a decent Kydex holster.
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
More mags and a decent Kydex leather holster.

Much better.
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Are all Glock 19 mags (and 17) created equal
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

As long as they say "Glock Austria" on them, yes.

There are a number of different followers for the 9mm mags. I think they are at revision 5 now. I own Glock mags with "9mm 3", "9mm 4", and "9mm 5" followers and they all work fine.
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are a number of different followers for the 9mm mags. I think they are at revision 5 now. I own Glock mags with "9mm 3", "9mm 4", and "9mm 5" followers and they all work fine.

+1

stick to the FACTORY glock mags, not that aftermarket crap (there are some ok ones, but not worth the hassel since glock mags are cheap)

"kblagg" in the EE has the best prices out there imo...
Link Posted: 8/6/2006 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Marine striker cups... a MUST HAVE for the ubertactical G17 owner.
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#17]
if this is for ccw--CTAC holster, good set of night sights

if not, nothing else...
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

if not, nothing else...

How does that compare to the Threat Solutions UCR?  LINK
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#19]
welcome to the G club, Dan.  I don't know if all mags are "created equal"...the newer ones are referred to as "drop free" style.    
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
welcome to the G club, Dan.  I don't know if all mags are "created equal"...the newer ones are referred to as "drop free" style.    

I was wondering about that.  

What were they before
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering about that.  

What were they before

The original Glock mags ("non fully metal lined") were designed to NOT drop free when fully loaded.

Later they were modified ("fully metal lined") to drop free.

I didn't even think to mention that as current production Glock mags are so cheap. During the AWB people made a big deal out of NFML/FML mags with the FML mags selling for more.

Unless you are buying old used Glock mags you will probably never have a NFML mag.
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#22]

What about G17 mags in a G19?

I believe there is some type of sleeve for the gap?
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if not, nothing else...

the UCR is very KISS and comfortable; h/w, the 2 kydex pieces are held together by rivets, and its not tension or angle adjustable
if the clips break, you will either have to jury rig a fix or get a new one

the CTAC provides not only tension adjustability, but it can also be adjusted for the draw/carry angle that suits you; it is also comfortable and provides more carry options, clips are exchangable/replaceable, and the leather tabs will wear out and flex with continuous use

i'd recommend both of em; and give a +1 for CompTac customer service; i have yet to get in contact w/ someone from TS UCR
Link Posted: 8/7/2006 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

What about G17 mags in a G19?

I believe there is some type of sleeve for the gap?

They work fine. I've never heard of a sleeve for G17 mags in a G19, although I've seen them for the subcompacts. The G19 grip is long enough for it not to be a big deal.

I carry G17 mags as spares for my G19, and don't worry about the gap.
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#25]
It won't be long until you realize the need for a Factory Glock extended slide release lever.

BPD is just about as bad as BRD except cheaper to feed.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/8/2006 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Stock up on magazines and ammo and you are good to go
Link Posted: 8/9/2006 12:43:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Meprolight Night Sights, spare mags, ammo, A Glock Disassembly tool (punch), and a good quality holster (leather, Kydex, carbon fiber).

That's pretty much it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2006 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Good Holster, Good Mag Carrier, Good Gun Belt, More Mags, Lots of Ammo, and Training.

Holster: I like the Don Hume Prefered Conceal Carry IWB or Milt Sparks Summer Special.

Good Mag Carrirer: Don Hume 740 Sereies with belt loops (Double Carrier).

Good Gun Belt: The Wilderness Instructor Belt.

More Mags: Glock 4th Gen.

Lots of Ammo: What ever is cheapest.

Training: Tactical Response out of Camden, TN. They are very very Glock Friendly. They will try to convince you to get those Express Big Dot Sights, they are kinda nice, not my cup of tea but nice.
Link Posted: 8/10/2006 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Balde Tech holster
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 6:25:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Got it last night.

Looking to take it out this weekend

What's your take on getting more of the copper colored grease?  
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#31]
keep it on it will wear off by itself.....
I like Blue Wonder to clean, and Militec-1 to lubricate.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice Glock. Gonna have to get myself a 19 for sure.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Nice Glock. Gonna have to get myself a 19 for sure.

Same.  I have 3 SIGs.  Had a Glock 17 but sold it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Lots of ammo
3.5lb connector
Meprolite night sights
A Threat Solutions UCR Kydex IWB holster, or a Blade-Tech Universal GLOCK IWB if you're on a budget
A Blade-Tech mag pouch
Some G17 mags with +2s for back up mags
One or two G18 mags to keep in the car
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 3:09:36 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

What's your take on getting more of the copper colored grease?  

it is nothing more than c5-a anti seize
Link Posted: 8/17/2006 3:12:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Nice gun, Dan!
I handled a Glock 22 the other day. I have to admit...
it wasn't that bad
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Excellent choice in getting the 19. I love mine. Fits perfect in my hand and conceals great. I use a Sidearmor IWB and have no complaints. Ill let you try it out next time we shoot together. I'm still shopping around for some night sights. I just wish I could try out a few diffrent ones before I chose a set. Its up in the air between XS and Heinie Straight Eights. Anyone have any experience with these?

Khem
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:47:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Very nice.

127 grain Winchester Ranger T ammo is very good for defense.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#39]
I owned one of the first thousand Glocks ever imported into this country... A Glock is a good and faithful servant.

My advice is...

Extended Glock Factory slide release is great. I have it on all three of mine.

Go here to buy floorplates for your mags it you feel the need... http://www.concealablecontrol.com/advantage.html

You do not need +2 extensions on your mags, just buy G17 mags for your backup mags and ignore the gap.

As to magazines, go here and spend alot of money on mags... http://www.outdoorbrothers.com Great people to deal with. Buy one or more of these from him as well... http://ishot-inc.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=50. Best range / grab-n-go bag I have ever owned...

Buy a couple of the 34 round magazines for your BOB. The gun still shoots well with this mag in place.

Buy ammo. Alot of ammo. Practice. You will not wear out a Glock.

As to sights, The XO Big Dots are great... to my eye. I have them on my G26 and they are very fast. Ditch the stock sights when you find whatever appeals to your eye. Choose based on the premise that this is a defensive weapon that will be used to respond to a already presented threat... Hence the practice of the flash sight picture. There are many options for the Glock. The XO's install quickly and are quite rugged. Their customer service is a bit like RCBS... great by all accounts.

Holsters... The Glock factory plastic holster and single mag pouch are cheap and OK for casual range use. Holsters are the most personal of choices, even over sights. Why? Because I do not care how tricked out the pistol is, you won't carry it if it is uncomfortable. Fortunately, most are well designed and easily resaleable here or on Glocktalk if you do not like it.

Good luck Glock noob.... Shoot well and often and you will see how this piece will become a extention of your hand.

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#40]
In case no one saw it but was interested:

LINK

Range Report – GLOCK 19, Gen 3 with ammo review

Bought this, brand new, from an ARF member, AR9mm, and picked it up this past Wednesday (8-16-06)

AR9mm had a boresighting laser and we screwed it into the barrel.  The sights were a shade above a 6o'clock sight picture.  

Excellent!

I fired approximately 300rnds today at Trailglades Park on the western edge of Miami.

I was a little concerned about the grip but it turned out to be a non-issue really.

Some muzzle flip but minor overall.

7 yds

Optical illusion (someone else's target), the furthest I fired is 15yds.  The target shown is at 25yds.  The berm is 100yds.  

The first 80 rounds at 7yds

Some after action shots

Ammo review

Speer Gold Dot 124grn JHP +P
My first 31 rounds.  Very accurate, the center of the picture above represents these rounds.  My opinion of them in the G19 is that they feel like 40S&W rounds.  A touch sharp in recoil.  Less felt recoil in my Beretta 92.  The difference was expected.  
All rounds fed perfectly.

I bought 200 rnds earlier today at the gun show

Georgia Arms 9mm, 124grn FMJ
I had about 200 rounds of this on hand and let me begin by saying that this is blasting ammo for sure.  

These are factory reloads, there were probably four different brass manufacturers in the rounds I had.  I knew all this ahead of time but wanted to try them out anyway.

In my opinion this ammo does not rate high enough to be considered training ammo.

It requires a very steady hand and trigger finger to get the rounds on target.  The earlier picture where it begins to spread out is the GA ammo.  Another problem with the GA ammo is this:

(GA ammo on the left, WWB 115grn FMJ on the right)

I had issues 90% of the time with failure to feed the last round of the magazine.  This only happened on the last round.  There is no previous round to help guide the final round so IMO the bullet is too short (for the G19 anyway).  No issues with the Beretta 92 (besides the same accuracy issues).

Last issue.  Not always consistent in felt recoil, which probably explains the accuracy variances.

Winchester White Box, 9mm, 115grn FMJ and WWB 9mm, 124grn FMJ
I had bought the GA rounds to try out.  I will be staying with WWB for all non-CCW uses (plinking, handgun classes, etc).  

This is great training ammo .  

Consistent recoil of all rounds, feeds all the time, every time.  Excellent accuracy without needing to be perfect (as the Shoot-N-C targets revealed).

I’ve learned my lesson – stick with WWB for all calibers

After the range action, I loaded up two mags with Gold Dots, wiped off the front of the barrel and frame and stuck the G19 in my pants.

Went to the WalMart nearby and bought 300 rnds of WWB 115grn FMJ

Here is part of the their ammo selection (the righthand center shelf is all 9mm, lol), rifle ammo is to the left of employee

Thanks for your attention.

Dan
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
It won't be long until you realize the need for a Factory Glock extended slide release lever.

BPD is just about as bad as BRD except cheaper to feed.

HS1

Quoted:

Quoted:

stick to the FACTORY glock mags, not that aftermarket crap (there are some ok ones, but not worth the hassel since glock mags are cheap)

"kblagg" in the EE has the best prices out there imo...

Got three G19 mags from kblagg and an extended mag catch.  Quick service!  The followers show "6".
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

if not, nothing else...

the UCR is very KISS and comfortable; h/w, the 2 kydex pieces are held together by rivets, and its not tension or angle adjustable
if the clips break, you will either have to jury rig a fix or get a new one

the CTAC provides not only tension adjustability, but it can also be adjusted for the draw/carry angle that suits you; it is also comfortable and provides more carry options, clips are exchangable/replaceable, and the leather tabs will wear out and flex with continuous use

i'd recommend both of em; and give a +1 for CompTac customer service; i have yet to get in contact w/ someone from TS UCR

ok to order the CTAC from GUNNERS ALLEY ?

Better place to order from?  CompTac direct?

Do I want the open bottom or closed bottom?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

ok to order the CTAC from GUNNERS ALLEY ?

Better place to order from?  CompTac direct?

Do I want the open bottom or closed bottom?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like the Walmart on Kendal Drive. They always have shoping carts full of crap by the ammo counter lol.

Khem
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Is there a round in the chamber?

ETA - Nice choice on handguns.  I suggest the Novak night sights by Trijicon.  They look and perform great!

-MEI
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

ETA - Nice choice on handguns.  I suggest the Novak night sights by Trijicon.  They look and perform great!

-MEI

+1 on the sights suggestion!

There's GOLD in them thar rails!!
Don't worry about the factory grease, it will be gone before you know it. I use Rem-Oil and Militec-1.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Looks like the Walmart on Kendal Drive. They always have shoping carts full of crap by the ammo counter lol.

Khem

Yep, thats the place
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-MEI

Don't worry about the factory grease, it will be gone before you know it. I use Rem-Oil and Militec-1.

I'm digging the Heine Straight Eight's.

Still not sure about the round in the chamber comment; which pic ?

Its supposed to have a round in the chamber

edit:  I think the first post/first pic:  top round of the mag is visible (different round already in chamber)
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

-MEI

I'm digging the Heine Straight Eight's.

Still not sure about the round in the chamber comment; which pic ?

Its supposed to have a round in the chamber

edit:  I think the first post/first pic:  top round of the mag is visible (different round already in chamber)

Exactly what I was refering to.  I'm just yanking your chain.  It's supposed to be loaded right?

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Glock Tactical Light / Streamlight TLR-1  

Which one?

Why?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top