Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2006 5:33:09 AM EDT
Hey, new to the forum. Did a search and didn't find any info on the Glock Tactical Lights.  Does anyone have experience with them?  Any comparisons between the Glock and the surefire x200 (other than the x200 is LED)?  Looking for any help you can offer. I prefer to have a tac light on the pistol at home in case I ever need to do target ID.  Thank!

Piper
Link Posted: 6/4/2006 6:04:16 AM EDT
[#1]
They are a good alternative if you get them at the law enforcement price,
but quality wise they can't beat even the M3 let alone the X200. Get a
Streamlight TLR-1 - thats the best value at the moment.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=270685
Link Posted: 6/4/2006 6:06:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They are a good alternative if you get them at the law enforcement price,
but quality wise they can't beat even the M3 let alone the X200. Get a
Streamlight TLR-1 - thats the best value at the moment.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=270685

+1
Link Posted: 6/4/2006 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not a fan of the glock light.  They are about the worst light out there IMHO.  

My department's SWAT team bought the glock lights (the ones with the laser on them) because Glock said that using other lights could cause reliability issues that would not be covered by warranty.  Instead of going out and asking other agencies what has worked for them, my PD bought the Glock lights.  The very first training, about 1/3 of the lights in use went down for various reasons.  

Add to that the glock light has the worst switch of the breed, and there are few holsters available for it, and you get a heaping pile of crap.  Buy the streamlight TLR-1.  They are the best I have used for the money.  Review here
Link Posted: 6/6/2006 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#4]
No experience w/Glock light, but they seem bulky compared to Surefires & Streamlights. Also, no experience w/TLR, but my dept issued Streamlight M3 is not very water resistant and has failed me a couple of times on tactical operations (thank god my MP-5 had a foreend Surefire and a collapsable stock).

I've carried Surefires for all of my 10yr LE career and wont carry anything else, with the exception of the issued M3, which I'm trying to change.

LED units from Surefire (and other mfg's) look very promising - I'm holding out to see longevity on the LEDs (our squad cars have LED light bars and our city has alot of LED traffic lights and have had some problems with early failure - but they were not made by Surefire)
Link Posted: 6/6/2006 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Had a Glock light and it sucked....it just wasn't as bright and it chewed through batteries faster than my other lights.  As others have commented, the Streamlight TLR-1 (I just bought one last week) are the best light for the money.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 1:13:55 AM EDT
[#6]
You guys are right on the money.
Link Posted: 6/12/2006 1:49:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the Glock Tac Light.

of course there are better/brighter light for duty work but I like it a lot for home defense. never had a problem with mine and it's bright enough to blind someone.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 5:30:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I use the X200B with the DevGrp switch on both my 21 and my 19.  No complaints...and it's the only one of the bunch that is actually as tough as the gun itself.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I too recently bought one of the Streamlight TLR-1 lights.  It ROCKS!  I see no reason at all to spend over twice as much on the Surefire X200 and it beats the pants off of any of the "bulb" lights.
Link Posted: 6/13/2006 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#10]
The ONLY plus the GLOCK OEM light has is that it is the slimmest.  If you need that for IWB carry, great.  Otherwise it is the worst choice.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I used a stremlight on duty for LE for a few years. Very durable and dependable. I tried a glock light once, didn't like it at all.
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Guess I am a minority. I like my Glocklight - Prev had an M3 - didn't like it as much as the Glock light - Also, the M3 scratched the hell out of the finish on the rail after taking it on and off just 3 times (this was ona  Beretta Vertec). The Glocklight has not marked the finish on any gun I have put it on - I keep it on my G34 all the time now.

I personally like the switch. And, it is reliable. A good deal for the money, and it visually matches the gun better since it's made by Glock.  Unless I spent $200+ for one of the expensive ones, I would buy a Glocklight over anything else.

Visit: www.handgunforum.net/
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I just ordered a X200B I'll let you know how it is when it comes in !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top