Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 3:50:52 PM EDT
I know I know, they're fixed, but I took out my new G19 today and was hitting way to the left. I was thinking a rubber mallet. Just a thought, don't flame me.

Ps. I love this Glock! I got it as a present to myself for my 21st birthday. I put a quick 100 rounds though it today and loved every second of it.

Ants
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You should adjust the sights with a rear sight adjustment tool but you could try a piece of a wooden dowel rod and a hammer. Just tap on it lightly so you don't move the sight too much.

More than likely if you are shooting left it's just a matter of getting used to the Glock trigger. All of us shot left at first. Personally I wouldn't tough the sights until you get some time behind the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
A rear site tool? I thought if they're fixed that is it. I saw the blurb about adjustable sites in the manual. It says to adjust with the small flathead that came with it. Mine definitely does not have adj sites and it didn’t come with that tool. . It even says fixed on the red label on the box. I read on glockFAQ that they are imported with adj sites to score enough points but they are promptly removed once they arrive hear in the states.

Before I do something like whack it with a mallet or shim it I will get much more trigger time. So everyone shoots left at first? Do you have any tips that I may learn from Mark? I am pretty new to pistols and I would really appreciate any advice.
Thanks a bunch
Ants
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a 21 that shot low.  I told a Glock rep and he gave me a higher rear sight.  They are in there pretty tight but you can move them left and right as described above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top