Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 11:47:07 AM EDT
I recently purchased a heavily used (Gen2) G17.

The slide on the finish is extremely worn.  Where's the best place to get it refinished - as close to factory-finish as possible (without breaking the bank)

FWIW - this is a range piece only, and is not  for CCW/daily use.

Also - can I buy a replacement Gen3 frame for this pistol?  Where?

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I recently purchased a heavily used (Gen2) G17.

The slide on the finish is extremely worn.  Where's the best place to get it refinished - as close to factory-finish as possible (without breaking the bank)

FWIW - this is a range piece only, and is not  for CCW/daily use.

Also - can I buy a replacement Gen3 frame for this pistol?  Where?

GLOCK!

They will refinish the slide for $40, slide and barrel for $60. They will also upgrade it to the 3rd gen frame for about $150.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool!
That $150 include the refinish?   (might be a bit too costly right now anyway...)

Any specifics on point of contact?  or do I just call them and ask for customer service?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
$150 only covers the frame swap. Call customer service and tell them what you want. You will have to ship the pistol to them next day air and GLOCK will cover return shipping. They will also inspect the weapon and replace springs and any worn or old parts for free!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!

They'll be first on my call-list Monday morning!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Be aware that the frame will have a new SN# if you decide to upgrade the frame!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:14:29 AM EDT
[#6]

They will also inspect the weapon and replace springs and any worn or old parts for free!

My friend just bought a heavily used SIG P226 and wanted to replace the springs.
Called SIG - they said no problem.. just overnight the gun with along  with a check for $125
and they will do it...... He should have bought a GLOCK.
Also you can take your Glock to any GSSF match and the armorer will look your pistol
over free...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:19:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They will also inspect the weapon and replace springs and any worn or old parts for free!

My friend just bought a heavily used SIG P226 and wanted to replace the springs.
Called SIG - they said no problem.. just overnight the gun with along  with a check for $125
and they will do it...... He should have bought a GLOCK.
Also you can take your Glock to any GSSF match and the armorer will look your pistol
over free...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top