Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 2:45:53 PM EDT
right now, i'm choosing between a G26 and a G19 for a range/carry gun.  i want something that will be good for IWB carrying, and fun at the range.  i'm leaning towards the G26, just b/c i like the looks and size of it, but can't help thinking that i might not like plinking with it.  also, i'm concerned about how small the grip is.  can anyone with experience with either, carrying?  for the range (especially the G26)?  I know nothing about Glocks since i'm an HK guy.  all your input is appreciated!  thanks!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a G26, and its ideal for that.  The short grip sort of hurts its range and plinking fun.  The G19, doesn't conceal as well (arguably), but is much easier to shoot at the range, etc.

Just remember, you can make a G26 bigger via mag bottoms, but you can't shrink a G19.

Where in NC are you?  If you're near charlotte, I'd be happy to let you try out my 26
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Like the G26 very well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a glock 19, its light enough to carry all day and it fits well in my hand.  It's also a good for plinking.  If you are only going to buy one gun I would recommend the glock 19.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
G26 in a Comp-Tac C-tac holster can't  be beat. small, light, and nearly disappears into your side with the right holster. I can wear mine all day and not really notice it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Sooo, Dsking85, you have ditched your USP and want a Glock now???

Anyway, if you haven't handled these Glocks, go to a gunshop (most places have them) and handle them for yourself.

However, G19 as a general purpose gun/carry gun is very hard to beat.  Well, maybe a USPc can give a very close run for it
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sooo, Dsking85, you have ditched your USP and want a Glock now???

Anyway, if you haven't handled these Glocks, go to a gunshop (most places have them) and handle them for yourself.

However, G19 as a general purpose gun/carry gun is very hard to beat.  Well, maybe a USPc can give a very close run for it

I was able to keep my USP (thank god) b/c i sold a different gun and got the money for a new handgun from that.

i'm goin to a gunshop tomorrow, hope they have them both.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:50:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Both will suit your needs quite well but if I had to choose, if I could only have ONE Glock (God forbid) it would be the G19.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:30:46 AM EDT
[#8]
BOTH!

G19 for primary carry, G26 for a BUG!

if i had to choose one, i would get the G19--its still compact enough to properly CCW; holds 5 more rnds, extra bbl length, and fits in the hand better imo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top