Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 10:36:34 AM EDT
No flame intended if you have seen this please explain the AD to a non Glock owner so I can explain it to my sons who own them

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0411061foot1.html
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Not an AD, it's an ND and there's nothing Glock specific to this guy's stupidity.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I beleive it's an ND (negligent discharge), not an AD.

It looks to me like it is just poor trigger control.

There is nothing funny about someone getting shot, but how can you not laugh when the guy shoots himself mere seconds after stating he is the only one professional enough to handle the weapon.  The irony.

ETA:  Harbinger beat me to the punch.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I think it's AD for accidental discharge but ND is the more common usage because it's never accidental to put your finger on the trigger IMO.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#5]
IBTDP
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Not an AD, it's an ND and there's nothing Glock specific to this guy's stupidity.

+1
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#7]
So we are all in agreement this guy just shot himself.  He is suing to get his job back.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]
He has his job still, he's just the laughing stock of the office. He's suing the gov't for having made the tape public.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
He has his job still, he's just the laughing stock of the office. He's suing the gov't for having made the tape public.

So this tape is actually real huh? There was always a doubt in my mind it could be a fake. Anyone know this turds name?
Edit:linky no worky so I googled it. Lee Paige

On a side note, this being ARFCOM and all, what "Glock .40" did he shoot himself with? Looks like a 22.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Paige deserves to be the "target of jokes, derision, ridicule, and disparaging comments"

Paige should no longer be "permitted or able to give educational motivational speeches and presentations."
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]
You guys need to lay off me - it's been a long time and I need to go back to work.  Until you bastards leave me alone, I can never go back undercover...  QUIT SHOWING MY VIDEO!!!

PS I'll sue you, too

PPS  I meant to do that
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So this tape is actually real huh? There was always a doubt in my mind it could be a fake. Anyone know this turds name?

On a side note, this being ARFCOM and all, what "Glock .40" did he shoot himself with? Looks like a 22.

lol "Glock Fotay"  yes i believe it's a Glock 22.  assuming he doesn't refer to all Glocks as a 40, maybe it's a Glock17.  in any case, it looks to be a full size frame.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:47:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol "Glock Fotay"  yes i believe it's a Glock 22.  assuming he doesn't refer to all Glocks as a 40, maybe it's a Glock17.  in any case, it looks to be a full size frame.

Actually, didn't he say earlier in the video that it was a Glock 7 that  he had from when he worked at the airport? That way he could go through the metal detectors and x-ray on the way to his post?

No Expert
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, didn't he say earlier in the video that it was a Glock 7 that  he had from when he worked at the airport? That way he could go through the metal detectors and x-ray on the way to his post?

No Expert

Hehehe
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh, yeah, sorry - Negligent Discharge beyond a doubt. He pulled the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I haven't seen the video in awhile, didn't he remove the magazine, but did not clear the chamber and shot himself when he pulled the trigger?

Nope.  He locked the slide back and had the chamber inspected by someone else.  The chamber was empty, but he then released the slide with a loaded magazine in it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#18]
That guy would have had the same thing happen regarless of make of firearm because he broke 3 of the rules of firearm's safety.

1:  Always assume gun is loaded until you properly clear it yourself 3 times (still abide by other rules afterwards)
2.  Never point at yourself or friendlies
3.  Keep finger out of trigger unless ready to shoot
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Funny how people claim Glocks are "unsafe" because they lack an external safety.  How is that different than the rovolvers they replaced in so many PDs?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
That guy would have had the same thing happen regarless of make of firearm because he broke 3 of the rules of firearm's safety.

1:  Always assume gun is loaded until you properly clear it yourself 3 times (still abide by other rules afterwards)
2.  Never point at yourself or friendlies
3.  Keep finger out of trigger unless ready to shoot

4. Don't have live ammo in the training area. (They make dummy ammo for training if you need any.)
I saw the flim clip for the first time on the Today show this morning. The DEA agent is sueing the DEA
for "leaking" the flim clip and ruining his reputation.  
He was peparing to disassemble the gun and had to decock it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:57:12 AM EDT
[#21]
The only AD in that video was his dad's AD... he shoulda pulled out and stained the sheets.  

Negligence all the way.  WTF would have happened if he shot someone else?  "oops, my bad."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top