Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:27:47 AM EDT
I just wanted to hear from people why a Glock 19 would be better for CCW than a SIG P239.

I've owned a Glock 17 and a SIG P229 and enjoy firing them both, but I'm looking for something smaller for CCW.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Both are great, GET BOTH !  

No seriously, get which ever fits your hand best and that you shoot best with.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#2]
P239 9mm
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the two is purported to be one of the all-time most reliable pistols in the world with a finish that laughs at anything you throw at it, has twice the magazine capacity of the other, has a very consistent trigger with really short re-set which lends itslef to good shooting more easily, and is less expensive by far.  Did I mention accessories are abundant and inexpensive?

But, hey.  If you want to take people's recommendation based upon the size of their font, go ahead.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
What about grip width on the Glock 19?  I'm a pretty lean guy and don't want to print at all.  What attracts me to the SIG P239 is the slim grip because of the single stack magazine.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The ergonomics of the P239 sucks ass. It's the worst feeling pistol Sig makes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What about grip width on the Glock 19?  I'm a pretty lean guy and don't want to print at all.  What attracts me to the SIG P239 is the slim grip because of the single stack magazine.

I'm willing to bet you aren't leaner than me. I'm 5'5" & 128lbs with a 28" waist and I carry a G19 each and every day and I've never been spotted. Get a good IWB holster and a good belt and you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had 3 Sig's (one was the 229) and I have sold them all.
I myself just do not like how the feel in my hands.

I own a Glock 34, 17, 19 & 36

I have grip jobs done on all of them except the 34 as I have small hands, I am a small guy...  5'6 146
I never have problems carrying the 19 or 36.  I have never tried to carry the 17, it is on my tac belt and I just have the 34 for range play.

It really will come down to which is more comfortable for you.
Shoot them both and go from there, keep in mind you can put a Glock through hell and back and it will still run like a champ..
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#8]

These topics are always fun.    

My choice would be the Glock 19.  Sig's don't like sweat or moisture.  Glocks are much more forgiving in most carry scenarios.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#9]
the best CCW on the market in 9mm, is the G26. you should see my rig!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Let's see it!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Nah, the 19 is only 3/4" taller and holds 50% more ammo.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#12]
GLock 19 is a better CCW gun; I own both a Sig (P226/9mm) and a Glock (21C/.45); though both big and bulky for CCW, the GLock's Tenifer finish will resist the persopiration, plu you can custom tune a Glock more easily than you would a Sig (but then again, SIGs are well balanced that you really don't need to tune one up).

The Glock 19 will give you 15+1 capacity and with the Glock 17 mags, it will give you 17+1 capacity wothout that much extra bulk.

I'd say, Glock 19 is a better choice; though personally, I'd carry a Glock 30 instead.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#13]
A glock 19 is light, has a consistent trigger pull (no DA/SA adjustment to make while firing) reliable, accurate, hi-capacity, easy to get into action and render safe (there are no levers to forget to actuate after a stressfull situation) . All these are assets if the shtf.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Did you ask the same question in the Sig forum? I'd be interested in the responses there.

I am partial to the G19 myself for reasons already given in this thread. I'd get my hands on both and see which works for you. It's kind of like asking  "boxers or breefs".

- less expensive
- higher capacity
- ease of maintenance
- simple manual of arms
- availability of aftermarket products
- corrosion resistance

As for boxers or breefs, I prefer to go commando whenever possible
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Did you ask the same question in the Sig forum? I'd be interested in the responses there.

I am partial to the G19 myself for reasons already given in this thread. I'd get my hands on both and see which works for you. It's kind of like asking  "boxers or breefs".

- less expensive
- higher capacity
- ease of maintenance
- simple manual of arms
- availability of aftermarket products
- corrosion resistance

As for boxers or breefs, I prefer to go commando whenever possible

Hanes® Comfortflex Boxer Brief for me.    

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, I asked the same question in the SIG forum.

I went by Cabela's today and they had a pair of Glock 19s so I asked to handle them.  They felt fine in the hand and I do really like the idea of it being super low maintenance, higher capacity.  They didn't have a SIG P239 for me to compare it to, but I'm going to the range tomorrow and I'm sure they'll have both in stock for me to compare.

Thanks for the input and keep it coming if anyone new checks out the thread!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#17]
G19 or BHP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top